- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you have avolt meter or 12 volt test lamp, try attaching the leads to the plug that plugs into the CB. If there is no voltage or the lamp doesn't come on if you use a test lamp, you may just have a blown fuse. If you are using a cigarette light plug, there may be a fuse in the tip that connects to the center of the lighter jack. If you are getting voltage or the lamp does light, you may have a defective on/off switch. If you blow fuses when the CB is plugged in, you may have a blown polarity protection diode inside of the CB on the main PC Board. If you are not handy soldering, you'll want to leave that job to someone who is. Typically, the Polarity Protection Diode is Black and is mounded very close to where the power wires that come from the plug solder to the PC Board. I hope this helps. :-)
Have you tried measuring the power output of your radio? If you do, I bet you that the power output is over 4watts PEP. This could be caused by a component changing value over time. What I would suggest you do is to measure the power first to see if the power is over 4watts PEP and then proceed from there. I don't believe it's a grounding issue since the antenna being used is made for a no ground condition. Now if you are planning to use a ground type antenna, I would suggest that you not do that, only because just grounding the antenna will technically do no good, since when the say ground what they are talking about is a ground plane no just a grounding point.
Check your power and then we can start repairing this problem.
I hope this helps, keep me informed on the progress.
This applies to all battery powered radios. Take out the battery and measure the voltage to see if it is indeed charged. If it's not, then the fault is the charger or the battery or both. If the battery voltage shows that it is fully charged, then clean the terminals on the battery and on the radio with a pencil eraser to remove any corrosion. If still no joy, then look up in your user's manual on how to do a reset. If you don't have a manual, get on the ICOM website and download one.