Question about GE Profile JTP18 Electric Single Oven
1. When I turn oven knob to any temperature, the self-cleaning light starts to flash indicating to lock the door.
2. If I lock the door, nothing happens, except the light quits flashing.
3. If I turn the knob to self-clean, it self cleans.
4. How can I get it to just pre-heat and bake at any given temperature?
5. Please help, I am desperate. We just got this used stove, and have no info. on it.
Welcome to Fixya
My name is Huum,
Try turning the breaker off for 5 minutes and see if this resets the system.
if not you may have a defective Control board and you will need to have a HANDS on tech to diagnose these parts to be sure! They will have the diagnose equipment !
Thank You For trusting us with your question
Please remember to leave a solved rating before you leave!
Posted on Dec 21, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 14, 2014 | Ovens
Jun 05, 2017 | Whirlpool RBS305PD Electric Single Oven
Jul 13, 2010 | Hotpoint SY36 Style Line Stainless Steel...
Feb 09, 2010 | Whirlpool 30" Self-Cleaning Freestanding...
Jan 28, 2010 | Kenmore 40494 / 40495 / 40499 Electric...
Nov 18, 2009 | Ovens
Aug 25, 2009 | Ovens
Jun 21, 2009 | Ovens
Nov 12, 2008 | GE Profile JTP18 Electric Single Oven
177 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: