An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
Re: convert to mobile
Unfortunately no, because the pda hasn't a GSM or CDMA module incorporated in order to do so. There are some extension for PDA's, like some GSM modules build into CF cards that can be attached but I haven't heard of a SD type of these devices, that would be compatible with your device.
Also, even if it were possible, this module will drain your battery life more quikly and moreover it can't use the pda's microphone and speaker, you will nead to use a headset attached to the module with itself is attached to the PDA. It isn't that confortable.
If you have further questions, please feel free to ask.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Downloaded programs can be installed onto the Dell Axim X30 using Microsoft ActiveSync. Microsoft ActiveSync can be installed onto your computer using the Dell Companion CD which came with your Axim X30.
Once Microsoft ActiveSync is set up on your computer, if the program you downloaded came in an installer file, then double-clicking on the file will start the installation wizard and the software will be automatically transferred to the Axim.
If the program you downloaded did not come as an installer file, then double-clicking it will bring up an error message. In that case, use ActiveSync Explore to copy the program file to the Program Files folder on your Axim.
This model of the Axim X30 does not have built in wi-fi capability. You need to purchase a 802.11 b/g Wireless SDIO card.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT INSERT SDIO CARD INTO AXIM X30 BEFORE INSTALLING DRIVERS.
1. Connect the Axim X30 to your computer.
2. Establish a connection between the two devices using Active-Sync.
3. Insert CR-ROM which ships with the SDIO card in your computer.
4. Follow instructions for installing Driver an Utility.
5. Install SDIO card into the SD slot on the Axim X30.
My Axim X30 would not turn on using battery power but would turn on when connected through charger adapter.
1. Connect AC adapter directly to the charger adapter and then to the Axim X30 and to the electrical outlet.
2. Charge battery until power button is solid green.
3. Press the power button to power on.
4. Remove cable from cable connector leaving the cable connector connected to the Axim X30. The Axim X30 will remain powered on.
5. Turn the Axim X30 off.
6. Turned the Axim X30 on using battery power.
7. Remove cable connector from Axim X30.
It sounds to me that your "original" battery, the one that causes the blinking when charging is completly drained dead, causing it to show an error by blinking the light. I have one of these PDA's and have never had that problem, I also have a larger battery as well, and it works great. I suggest recycling the other battery, and possibly purchasing another larger one for back up, Good luck!
This isnt too bad, if you are using windows vista, the CD is obsolete, use the syncing technology in mobile device center to access the storage card/drive inside the pda form your computer and you can do it that way. Windows XP: you can go to the microsoft website and get Activesync which will allow you to transfer files as well. If you are using a mac, I am sorry.
You need ActiveSync from Microsoft. Unless you're using Vista which uses Windows Mobile Device Center. Connecting to the Axim to a Vista machine should automatically download the Windows Mobile Device Center software.
all you havce to do is hook up the cradle to the USB port, and you MIGHT have to and i stress this because it will usually open on its own, you may have to open windows mobile device center, its in your programs menu, activesync is no longer used in VISTA, so any attempt to put it on will probably be stopped , once oyu plug in th ePDA check for updates, this will ensure that you have all the drivers for the Dell X30 (i)
You have two ways:
1) Install the ActiveSync (Version 4.2 is recommended) PC Software with your PC first Next, you connect your Axim to your PC. Then you install the software or game into your PC. it will also install into your Axim automatically thru Sync process.
2) Or install the software or games into your External SD Memory card thru USB SD Card reader. Then put your sd memory card into your Axim and run the software or game. The 2GB or 4GB SD Card is reccommended since the game or software sometime is huge.
I hope it is help.