Question about Televison & Video
When I first turned the DV380 on, no language setup screen appeared. Now when I try to play a disk, all I get is a disk error message?
SOURCE: Samsung DVD-4600 DVD/VCR Player
My Smasung DVD/VCR Combo stopped reading DVDs because of a dirty read head. It started by only playing disks sometimes, and progressed to never playing disks. I assumed it was a dirty laser lens so I bought a lens cleaner set. Unfortunately my player wouldn't play the cleaner disk.
So I took it apart and cleaned the laser lens manually with some isopropyl alcohol (the clenser that came with my cleaning disk), and a lens cloth (that came with my glasses). Just open the case (starting with the screws in the back) and remove the snap in cross panel that obscures the lens of the DVD portion. Put a drop of cleanser on the lens and gently wipe it with the cloth.
Oh and by the way, I take no responsibility if you break your own player while following my instructions. My own DVD player was far out of warranty at the time I cracked it open.
Posted on Jan 17, 2008
SOURCE: Disk Error Message
when my mp4 player says disk error i hook it up to the computer to try reformatting it, but when i hook it up it does not recognize or show my mp4 player is hooked up. What is my problem and how do i fix it?
Posted on Jan 25, 2008
SOURCE: disk unkown error message
If other dvds play then try getting the same movie but from another supplier if it persists the check yo dvd if it uses a dvd ROM then replace it with anew one.
Posted on Apr 05, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Press the "Enter" button.
Click "Launch Setup" when the Windows Setup page appears. When you click this choice and not the "Boot Legacy operating system" selection, you will not receive the "disk error" message any longer.
Adhere to the directions on your screen to finish the process of reinstallation.
hope this helps
Aug 12, 2012 | HP Compaq dx6100 PC Desktop
1. Make sure the computer is turned off.
2. If any peripheral devices, except the optional external CD-ROM drive unit
(CE-CD05), are connected to your computer, disconnect them.
3. Turn on the computer.
4. When the message Press <F2> to enter SETUP appears, press F2. The
Setup Utility opens.
5. Insert the Product Recovery CD-ROM disk 1 into the CD-ROM drive.
6. In the Exit menu, select Load Setup Defaults; then, press Enter twice.
7. In Boot Sequence of the Main menu, set CD-ROM Drive to the top of the list;
then, press ESC.
8. In the Exit menu, confirm Exit Saving Changes is highlighted and press
9. Read the message on the screen, and select the operating system which you
had selected for the first time you use the computer; then, press Enter.
You cannot change the operating system from the first choice.
10. Read the message on the screen, and select the way to recover your system;
then, press Enter.
11. Read the message and select Continue; then, press Enter.
12. Read the message and select Continue again; then, press Enter.
13. If you see the message asking you to insert the Product Recovery CD-ROM
disk 2, remove the disk 1 and insert the disk 2; then, press Enter.
14. If you see the message asking you to insert the Product Recovery CD-ROM
disk 3, remove the disk 2 and insert the disk 3; then, press Enter.
15. If you see the message The Operating System has been recovered
successfully, remove the Product Recovery CD-ROM disk 3. The system will
16. When the message Press <F2> to enter SETUP appears, press F2. The
Setup Utility opens.
17. In the Exit menu, select Load Setup Defaults; then, press Enter twice.
18. In the Exit menu, confirm Exit Saving Changes is highlighted and press
Enter twice. The system restarts.
19. Set up Windows, following the instructions on the screen. When you finish
the setup, the recovery is completed.
Jun 02, 2011 | Sharp PC UM20 PC Notebook
Jan 09, 2011 | LG DP450 Portable DVDDivX Player
Aug 24, 2009 | Dell Computers & Internet
Jul 01, 2008 | Sony VAIO FRV25 Notebook
Jun 16, 2008 | Televison & Video
Jan 28, 2008 | iLO (2 GB) MP3 Player
301 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!