Question about Cell Phone Accessories
I just purchased a wireless gear 4pr909 headset for my samsung juke phone, it won't auto pair and the default passcode 0000 wont work. Any Suggestions?
Had same problem with this headset on two phones and finally solved it.
1. make sure bluetooth on phone is activated (know that sounds silly but some people forget)
2. with the headset turned off, press and hold the on/off button on the headset until the light on the headset FLASHES CONTINUOUS BLUE AND RED (about 8 seconds). This is most important, because if lights on headset are not continuously flashing blue and red, the headset is not in discovery mode.
3. once headset is in discovery mode, go into "my devices" on bluetooth menu on phone and click to search for new devices. make sure phone and headset are close together. phone will say searching- BE PATIENT, THIS STEP TAKES THE PHONE SOME TIME. eventually phone will show that it found your headset.
4. once the phone lists the headset, click on the headset and tell the phone to connect to the device. at this point the phone will bring up a passcode screen. enter 0000, and tell it to connect. when it connects, the lights on the headset will automatically go to an intermittent blue. you should be all set.
the biggest mistakes my kids made trying to pair these headsets were:
1. failing to turn bluetooth on for the phone
2. turning the headset on in something other than discovery mode (continuous blue/red flashing lights)
3. not being patient enough to wait for the phone to find the device.
hope this helps
Posted on Mar 07, 2009
The Samsung manual says to put the headset in discovery mode, then go to Tools, Bluetooth, Add a new device. - When you do this it says the passcode of 0000 is incorrect.
The solution is to place the phone in Discovery mode also. This is in Tools, Bluetooth, Settings. Once it is in Discovery mode, then you can go to Add a new device and it will accept the passcode of 0000.
Be quick, as the phone only stays in discovery mode for a minute.
Posted on Jan 21, 2009
The reason why it doesn't read the passcode is because your phone's Bluetooth setting is off (by default) .
You have to turn on Bluetooth by the following steps on you samsung phone:
1 From the main screen, press MENU key and use the right navigation key to height Settings & Tools.
2 Press Bluetooth Menu.
3 Press the "left" soft key to turn Bluetooth On.
Posted on Feb 03, 2009
I lost my power supply and now i have two different chargers. one is an output of 5v and the other is 5.3. I don't want to blow it out but i need it to charge. I am tired of the continuous beeping. it retains a charge for a long time but its about to die. I can't find the answer on the net. Please help
Posted on Mar 27, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 12, 2010 | Nokia Ck - 7w Bluetooth Wireless Hands -...
on Jul 14, 2010 | Cell Phone Accessories
Jun 10, 2010 | Cell Phone Accessories
Dec 16, 2009 | Cell Phone Accessories
Aug 05, 2009 | RIM Black Silicone Case for Blackberry...
Feb 20, 2009 | Cell Phone Accessories
Dec 26, 2008 | Cell Phone Accessories
Dec 13, 2008 | Cell Phone Accessories
3,510 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!