Question about Televison & Video
The region code of my Samsung DVD 1080PK is 5. The DVD does not read Region 3 NTSC DVDs. How do I get to make this DVD be able to read Region 3 DVDs.
Region code hack posted by anindo_roy, January 09 2009:
I bought a Samsung DVD player 1080PK in Bangalore recently (Jan 2009) and initially it was coded only for region 5 (India). I went through the following steps (which were told to me by a Samsung technician) to make it region free. This steps match closely to the one posed by another viewer so I have retained the same format.
1) Turn on the player with no disc in the tray
2) Press the Open/Close button to open the tray
3) Press the info button, the firmware version shows up
4) After the version info disappears, close the tray again by pressing the Open/Close button
5) At this point, it will show "no disc" at the top. Press the Info button again, and this will disappear.
6) Locate the Repeat A-B button on the remote, which in my case was ‘9’
6) Now type the code that applies for your region (R5 (India) is 53814) followed by 9 (Repeat A-B button) and then press the Enter button. So enter 538149 and then Enter. A last few digits ‘4’ and '9' may briefly show up at the top left corner.
8) Power off the player, and turn it on again. You'll have a multi region player
Region Code for the 1080PK hack:
R1 - 29334
R2 - 57538
R3 - 56732
R4 - 76884
R5 - 53814
R6 - 24462
This worked for me after a couple of tries.
Posted on Jan 26, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 27, 2010 | LG Televison & Video
on Jan 03, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jun 08, 2009 | Audio Players & Recorders
Jun 08, 2009 | Samsung HT-BD2R 7.1 Channel Blu-ray Home...
Jan 23, 2009 | Panasonic SC-HT520 System
Jan 03, 2009 | Samsung DVD-R135
Aug 23, 2008 | Televison & Video
Jan 31, 2008 | Panasonic DVD-S52 DVD Player
Nov 30, 2007 | Car Audio & Video
Mar 25, 2017 | Toshiba Televison & Video
499 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!