Question about Televison & Video
The region code of my Samsung DVD 1080PK is 5. The DVD does not read Region 3 NTSC DVDs. How do I get to make this DVD be able to read Region 3 DVDs.
Region code hack posted by anindo_roy, January 09 2009:
I bought a Samsung DVD player 1080PK in Bangalore recently (Jan 2009) and initially it was coded only for region 5 (India). I went through the following steps (which were told to me by a Samsung technician) to make it region free. This steps match closely to the one posed by another viewer so I have retained the same format.
1) Turn on the player with no disc in the tray
2) Press the Open/Close button to open the tray
3) Press the info button, the firmware version shows up
4) After the version info disappears, close the tray again by pressing the Open/Close button
5) At this point, it will show "no disc" at the top. Press the Info button again, and this will disappear.
6) Locate the Repeat A-B button on the remote, which in my case was ‘9’
6) Now type the code that applies for your region (R5 (India) is 53814) followed by 9 (Repeat A-B button) and then press the Enter button. So enter 538149 and then Enter. A last few digits ‘4’ and '9' may briefly show up at the top left corner.
8) Power off the player, and turn it on again. You'll have a multi region player
Region Code for the 1080PK hack:
R1 - 29334
R2 - 57538
R3 - 56732
R4 - 76884
R5 - 53814
R6 - 24462
This worked for me after a couple of tries.
Posted on Jan 26, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 27, 2010 | LG Televison & Video
on Jan 03, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jun 08, 2009 | Audio Players & Recorders
Jun 08, 2009 | Samsung HT-BD2R 7.1 Channel Blu-ray Home...
Jan 23, 2009 | Panasonic SC-HT520 System
Jan 03, 2009 | Samsung DVD-R135
Aug 23, 2008 | Televison & Video
Jan 31, 2008 | Panasonic DVD-S52 DVD Player
Nov 30, 2007 | Car Audio & Video
506 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!