Question about Niles SI-1230 12-Channel Amplifier

1 Answer

Fuses I am looking for a place to buy fuses for my nilessi1230. I contacted nils and they said the only way to add fuses is to send it in to them. Can you help?

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    New Friend:

    An expert that has 1 follower.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Expert
  • 83 Answers
Re: fuses - Niles SI-1230 12-Channel Amplifier Amplifiers & Preamps

Mcm electronics should have them

Posted on Apr 04, 2007

Add Your Answer

0 characters

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add


3 Points

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Inputs on back not working is there an internal fuse to check or have u circuit diagram u can send?

As you have not mentioned a make or model, it would be impossible to tell you. In any case, this is not a DIY repair. There will be both analog and digital input switching ICs, controlled by a microprocessor IC(computer inside your unit) .It takes extreme skill to isolate these parts.
If you are interested in having your unit repaired, please look to my website at, You may contact me there. Thank you.

Mar 22, 2015 | Amplifiers & Preamps

1 Answer

Technical support for gli pro rcx5000u hibryd amplifiers

There is an email address here...

Jul 04, 2014 | Nil GLI Pro RCX 5000 2000W Rack Mount 4...

1 Answer

Marantz PM7200 Amplifier, wont switch on, no power light. Changed the plug fuse, checked the fuse inside, looks ok but not got a spare to change it.

You can check the fuse with a battery and a bulb. Take the fuse out and use it to make a circuit with some wire, the battery and bulb. If the bulb doesn't light it has gone.
Apart from that other things to check are the power switch, to see if it works and the transformer.
It might be worth buying a cheap Ohm meter, if you haven't got one. You can check most of the parts in the power supply with it. By the way if the fuse has blown, buy a few as you might find it could blow again when you try it again. If it does you are looking at a device (such as a transistor) that as shorted and acting like it was a piece of wire. Which is easily found with an Ohm Meter!

Sep 28, 2010 | Marantz PM7200 2-Channel Amplifier

1 Answer

Adcom GFA-7607 7 channel brand new, watched one movie!

I think the squirrels hid them in your garage under your Shelby!

Jul 19, 2010 | Adcom GFA-7607 7-Channel Amplifier

2 Answers

Won't powerup

unplug all speakers and see if that works

May 10, 2010 | SpeakerCraft BB1265 12-Channel Amplifier

1 Answer

I need a new 250v fuse for my Naim NAP 250 Power Amlifier. I am in perthshire, Scotland and can't find any help on the internet. Any idea where I might be able to get one please?

Fuses are mostly standard sizes. They are measured by length for example 20mm is typical, however what is more crucial is the rating. This can be found on the metal cap of the fuse. For instance 1A or 250MA. Standing for Amps and Milli-amps. Also there is a type too! Either Fast Blow which will look a single wire inside it, the other is Slow Blow, which will have a coil in it. However since it's blown you might not be able to see the wire! Unless you can see a coil at all assume it's a fast blow type.
If you can ID the fuse rating and size the best place to order online would be Curry's Partmaster. If you can't it would be best to take it to either Maplin or your local TV/radio shop, they should be able to tell you.
HOWEVER I should warn you that fuses don't tend to just blow on their own. Most go because of an overload in either the power supply of the amp, or failure of whatever is on that big heat sink.
So don't just buy one! Don't worry fuse are cheap!
But if anything else has gone that might not be!
There are other fuse types, but the glass with metal type is more common.

Dec 27, 2009 | Amplifiers & Preamps

1 Answer


disco world in hatlepool or phase one in darlington

Jun 26, 2009 | Amplifiers & Preamps

1 Answer

Poor sound.

amp must have a phono input use it if it still has low volume you will need a shack model#42-172

Mar 13, 2009 | Technics Amplifiers & Preamps

1 Answer


sorry to send you to safemanuals they don't have that manual. you may have to look to see where it was made and then go to to customer support and contact them.

Sep 30, 2008 | Amplifiers & Preamps

Not finding what you are looking for?
Niles SI-1230 12-Channel Amplifier Logo

Related Topics:

393 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Niles Amplifiers & Preamps Experts


Level 3 Expert

4518 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

66587 Answers

Are you a Niles Amplifier and Preamp Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides