How to set time on a bulova marine star 96C30
For some reason you cannot find the manuals on the Bulova web site any longer. But don't worry....
I have the manual for the Bulova Marine Star 96C30 Watch. This is easily fixable.
Below, I have typed the instruction on how to fix this issue as well as reset the time and calendar and a few extra tips in case you forgot....
Here is what it says to do if the hands don't match up with the display time (usually happens after you change the battery).
First, you must locate the buttons on the watch.
The "A" button is at the 2 o'clock position (upper right).
The "B" button is at the 10 o'clock position (upper left)
The "C" button is at the 8 o'clock position (lower left)
The "M" (mode) button is at the 4 o'clock position (lower right), and is the only button you can pull out to set the times, calendar and programming.
To RESET the watch and do the ZERO POSITIONING after changing a battery or having a display error, do the following.
1. Pull the "M" button out to the setting position.
2. hold down the "A", "B", and "C" buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds, then release them. All digit segments will turn on and display completely.
1. Press the "B" button and all the segments in the digital time will reset to zero, with "UTC" showing in the main digital window.
2. Zero the "UTC" minute and hour hand (located in 12 o'clock sub-dial) to the 24 o'clock maker (straight up). Button "A" will move the hands clockwise, and button "C" will move the hands counter clockwise.
3. Press button "B" - "HR" shows in the main digital window. Adjust the main (large) hour hand to the 12 o'clock (midnight) position using "A" and "C" buttons. At the same time, observe the synchronized 24 hour hand (small dial to the left of the main dial), to insure that it also moves to point to "24".
4. Press button "B". "MIN" shows in the display window. Adjust the large minute hand to also point to the 12 using the "A" and "C" buttons.
5. Push the "M" (mode) button back in to its normal position. The watch beeps and at the same time the hands jump slightly. ALL RESET and ZERO POSITIONING are now complete.
6. Reset the time, calendar and other modes.
To set the time.
Note that changing the time in any of the cities will automatically update the time for all the cities.
1. Press the "M" button to move the mode hand to (TME)
2. Press either the "A" or "C" button to move to the desired city.
3. Pull the "M" button out to the setting position.
4. Press the "A" button. SECONDS will blink. Set them with "C".
5. Press the "A" button again, and MINUTES will blink. Set them with the "C" button.
6. Press the "A" button again, and HOURS will blink. Set with the "C" button.
7. Press the "A" button again, and 12 or 24 hours tim format will appear.
8. Push in the "M" button to its normal position.
To set the calender
1. push the "M" button to move the mode hand to (CAL)
2. Set the city using the "A" or "C" buttons.
3. Pull out the "M" button to the "setting" position. The numbers of the "month" starts to blink. this is an "american" date system with the month first, day second, and year third. Use "C" button to adjust the month.
4. Push the "A" button. The date (day) will flash. Adjust with the "C" button.
5. Push the "A" button. The YEAR flashes. Adjust with the "C" button.
6. Push the "M" button back in. The calender is simultaneously adjusted for all cities.
Couple of other "tips".
Switching the time on the digital display with the time shown on the hands:
1. Press the "M" button until the mode hand is in (TME) or (CAL) mode.
2. Pressing the "A" and "C" button together.
The time will switch the between the main hands (analog) and the digital display.
Temporary Hand Retraction
Pressing and holding the "B" button will move the hands out of the way of the display. Repressing the "B" button will put the hands back at the correct time.
hope this helps.
Feb 23, 2009 |
Bulova Marine Star 96C30 watch