- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
MOST LIKELY YOU HAVE WHAT IS CALLED A MAGNETRON THAT HAS FAILED... IT IS THE PART THAT DOES ALL THE HEATING ...YOU DO ALSO HAVE A HIGH VOLTAGE TRANSFORMER THAT SEND POWER TO THE MAGNETRON BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE A MAGNETRON.... to be honest with you unless you are servicer it normally cost more to repair and for a few dollars more you can purchase a new one..... good luck to you.....
There are some troubleshooting steps you can take to possibly determine the problem before calling or taking it for service, you need a multimeter and a capacitor discharging tool. if you posses BOTH of these tools,
there are 4 causes for this symptom
I can instruct you on how to test and/or replace the first three of these. The magnetron is VERY dangerous and should not be serviced or tampered with except by qualified personel. let me know if you would like to take any of these steps otherwise you could bring it to a repair station.
Hope this helps...Feedback always helps me
Check to make sure the plastic on the shelve holders or tuntable guide did not wear and expose metal. If these holders or brackets are wore and exposed metal it shorted out your micro wave. They need to be replaced and a fuse needs to be replaced inside the control panel,