My 12v touched my ground last night and big spark happened
Now the led light on my amp will not light up and i tried hooking up a different amp and its led light had come on and this morning my car battery was dead and the car still wont start... could i have fried the amp? help please! Sincerely, James G
Re: my 12v touched my ground last night and big spark...
Hello sound to me you may have burnt the main power wire to the body or other metal on the car .. if i was you i would first check the fused if there not popped trace the wire from the battery to the amp see if you can find a burnt spot on the wire it should have a burnt spot on the ajasent part of the car.. untell you find that wire it will drain your battery "try to disconnect the amp wire from the battery recharge or jump start your car run your car for 20 mins" that should fix your car... email@example.com if you have questions
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
OK ! FIRST THINGS FIRST. DID U TEST THE AMP FIST. BEFORE U STARTED INSTALLING RCA CABLES,AND REMOTE WIRES. LETS DO THAT FIRST.GRAB YOUR AMP.SET IT ON YOU WORK BENCH ,TABLE,OR CHAIR.THEN GET (2)PIEACES OF #10 OR #12 WIRE W/1 OF THE WIRES HAVING A 20AMP FUSEABLE LINK ON IT.NOW THE WIRE W/THE FUSEABLE LINK ON IT.CONN THE REMOTE(REM) AND THE 12v + ON THE AMP AND HOOK THEM BOTH TOGETHER ON 1 SIDE OF THAT FUSEABLE LINK WIRE. AND THE OTHER WIRE HOOK IT UP THE - GROUND SIDE OF THE AMP .NOW PICK UP YOUR AMP OPEN UP YOUR HOOD.MAKING SURE THAT NO WIRES OR THE AMP IS TOUCHING THE + 12V OF THE BATTERY. NOW CONN YOUR GROUND TO GROUND AND THE FUSEABLE LINK ON THE +12v SIDE OF THE BATTERY.NOW THE AMP SHOULD HAVE CAME ON. LOOK 4 A SOLID RED LIGHT OR ANY SIGNS OF A SOLID LIGHT THAT HAD CAME ON.
Ok,here's a basic troubleshooting list. First,if it has an onboard video port,switch to it or to an agp card,whichever isn't the current hook up. Try a different monitor too when doing this. This is to see if it's a video issue. Next, take one ram stick out at a time & keep trying to boot, if it eventually does,the stick you just removed is bad. If you spliced any fans or lights in, make sure they aren't grounding on the case. If you just put this board in,the case is probably grounding the board.Remove the board & make sure the standoffs are in the right spots(lined up with the holes on the board),adjust as neccesary & then re-install,try again. Being that there's no lights, I think that grounding scenario is going to be the issue. Lastly,try a different power supply,if that doesn't work the board is bad,hopefully the cpu survived.
Before you do anything else, carefully examine the filament in the rear bulb for any breaks. Shake it and see if anything moves. Replace with an equal wattage flashlight bulb and see if it works then. If I remember those generators correctly (jeez, it's been a long time), there was one wire to the side of the bulb and one to the little tip at the end of the bulb. It doesn't make any difference which goes where since it is DC. If you are interested in upgrading a bit, Mag-Lite sells high output LCD replacement bulbs for about $18 at Home Depot or Lowe's. They are very vibration resistant, put out about 4 times as much light as a tungsten bulb with the same voltage, and last a LOT longer.
check your wires and your ground wire it might be touching something causing it to spark and your amp to go on protect mode also check your fuses..also sometimes this works put your db and all your settings on your amp low as it can go sometimes its just to much power n hits like an impact.
You need a multimeter check voltage level at amp on the 12V lead as well as the remote turn on make sure you have somewhere around 12Volts. also try grounding your meter to a different ground then your amp to see if there is a voltage difference maybe bad ground.
With your multimeter set to DC volts, the black meter lead on the ground terminal of the amp and the head unit on (so the amp will have remote voltage applied), touch the red lead alternately to the B+ and remote terminals of the amp. Does the voltage on either the B+ or remote pulse below ~11 volts when the LED flashes?