Question about HP Officejet Pro L7780 All-In-One InkJet Printer
I think the printheads need to be changed, how to change printheads in all in one HP 7780 model.
If you need to change the printheads on this printer you need to do the following:
- Open the main lid (not the scanner one)
- Check the LED Screen on the printer and you will see that it gives you the instructions to hold down the "OK" button on the printer panel for 5 seconds if you want to change the printhead... So do this... Hold the OK button.
The printer will now move the printheads into the exchange position.. Wait a few seconds for the printhead carriage to stop moving around as sometimes it can catch your fingers..then:
- Lift the blue flap (lift from the front - hinge at the back)
You should now see the printheads
- Carefully lift the little blue plastic handle for the printhead and pull this up and out to lift the printhead out that you want to change
Now for your new printhead:
- Before you install it, shake it back and forth 6 times as shown to shake up and mix the ink that's pre-filled in the cartridge.
- Pull the orange covers and plugs off/out as shown
- Carefully slot the printhead into the position vacated by the old one. You may find that you need to slot it in by angling it slightly but be patient...
Once the new printhead is in position (check the other printhead to check they're the same level ie: that the new printhead is all the way in).
- Close the blue flap back into the closed position
- Close the main lid
The printer will then begin a priming routine and after a few minutes you can start to use your printer again..
Posted on Jan 27, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 10, 2012 | HP Photosmart Plus B210A Multifunction...
May 16, 2012 | HP 6940 InkJet Printer
Nov 19, 2011 | HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One...
Oct 25, 2010 | HP Officejet Pro L7780 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 03, 2009 | HP Officejet Pro L7780 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 01, 2009 | HP Officejet Pro L7780 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 09, 2009 | HP Officejet Pro L7780 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 25, 2008 | HP Officejet Pro L7780 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 18, 2008 | HP Officejet Pro L7680 All-In-One Printer
358 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!