- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
* Shut down the car and pull the keys.
* Disconnect a battery ground, and connect ampere meter in the break.
* See how much is "drain" on the battery.
* Start pulling fuses, one-by-one, and see, when "drain" stops.
* When you find, which fuse stops the drain, you start digging, what is on that circuit.
Alternatively you may keep battery connectors on, but when you pull the fuse, connect ampere meter to both terminals to see what is the power consumption on that particular circuit.
PS. Another thought... It could be not a "drain when car is off", but rather "incorrect charging" while car is on. For example, if alternator produces too high or too low charge voltage, it may "kill" the battery, and it cannot hold "normal drain".
A 2.4 Kw inverter is serious equipment costing quite a lot of cash - rather too much cash to take a chance with. The very fact you have to ask how to fix it means you probably shouldn't touch it but should entrust the repair to a properly insured professional.
I suggest you check the literature provided or visit the manufacturer's website for advice, make whatever checks you can regarding external connections and wiring and then find a repairer.
Could be a shorted/failed diode in your alternator.
Don't how accessible it is in your van but if possible, use a meter (Chinese have made them affordable) across the battery terminals and quickly remove the heavy cable from the alternator and watch the meter reading.
If it is still falling quickly, the alternator is likely OK and something else is causing the drain.
Most Digital Multimeters have a separate 10 Ampere range via a separate, marked jack; the black lead stays put, the red lead goes to the 10A jack.
Remove the negative battery cable, connect the black lead to the battery terminal, quickly touch the red lead to the loosened battery clamp; this is normally protected by an internal fuse which may blow if the current is well above 10 amperes.
If it doesn't blow. attach the leads so you can start the next step.
This will be a systematic removal and replacement of each fuse, one at a time, until the current reading drops to a low value on the meter indication.
Milliamperes, not normally seen on this meter range, are normal.
If this works, you have narrowed down the culprit to a specific circuit and at that point, you are on your own.
We are extremely sorry if
you have been inconvenienced through a Su-kam product. However, we
pride ourselves on prompt and effective customer service. Please
provide us with your name, contact number and address.
Please give us the complaint number and date as well and we
assure you to look into the matter at the earliest. Mail us at
We would do our best to resolve your grievance at the earliest.
We are extremely sorry that you
have been inconvenienced through a Su-kam product. However, we pride ourselves
on prompt and effective customer service. Please provide us with your name,contact number and address.
Please give us the complaint number and
date as well and we assure you to look into the matter at the earliest.
Mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, We
would do our best to resolve your grievance at the earliest.
If the regulating circuits 78xx had blown it means that the input voltage which may be 18 - 35 VDC has been fed to all ICs. Some of them or all may have burnt. I did not understand which crystal did you change (the 2 - 20 MHz Quartz may be), but I think that rather the PIC was damaged.
If you have Oscilloscope on hand, check the oscillations on PICs clock.
It's one of these things: The battery. Especially if you're still using the original one, which is now almost 10 years old. The charging system. Or the starter relay.
Even if your battery isn't 10 years old, if it has sat for more than a month or so without being charged, then it is toast. A fully charged 12 volt battery should show about 13.5 volts on a volt meter.
If the battery is good, then you will need to find out if the charging system is working. To do this, you will need an ampere meter capable of reading up to 10 amps. Start the engine and THEN hook the amp meter in series between the battery (either side) and the cable going to the battery. With the engine revved up to around 4,000 RPM, the charging system should be putting out at least 5~6 amps.
If it isn't the charging system or the battery, check for a bad starter relay (the thing that makes that buzzing sound when you hit the starter button). Perform this test by bridging across the two large cable connections on the top of the relay with a large screwdriver. If the starter spins when you do this, then you've got a faulty starter relay. If the starter doesn't spin, then you've got a bad starter motor or a bad electrical connection going to it.
Does the scooter actually lose power after the 3 leds show ?
If it is losing power then a suggest to try some other batteries to confirm dodgy batteries, check the terminal connections etc.
If it does not lose power then the volt meter is at fault, if you can check the voltage before riding then after it shows only 3 leds , if there is a big drop, check the charger first to make sure the batteries are getting fully charged.