Question about Siemens SpeedStream Modem (4100) (SS4100)
Well, I understand that the modem is SS4100, which means ther are
5lights on it being, Power, Ethernet, DSL, Internet & Activity....
Note:The trouble shooting is done according to the Light Status on the modem.
1. No matter what the proble is, the first step is to Power Cycle the modem to eliminate the static on the modem(to switch it off and back on).
2. If the Power Light is anything other than a solid green, then the modem is fried(except the fact that the adapter is plugged and working).
3. If the Power is green and Ethernet is off, then check for the LAN cable at the back
of the computer if its connected to the modem.(It turns green if connected properly)
4. If the DSL light is anything other than solid green, then call up the ISP tech's to ask why the intenet is not working.
(make sure the DSL cable is plugged firmly onto the back of the modem and the wall jack)
5. If the Power, Ethernet and the DSL is green and the internet is not, the open up the Modem page(type 192.168.0.1 in the address bar and enter for the modem page), and cross-check for the username and the password. Save the changes and your internet is working!!!
6. The Activity light usually blinks green and it does't have much to do with the troubleshooting.
The above are the basic troubleshooting steps.
Hope it solves your problem......
Posted on Dec 20, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 28, 2016 | Belkin Components Belkin - Ieee 802.11n...
Sep 03, 2011 | Nokia 2690 Cell Phone
Jun 14, 2011 | Sony Ericsson Walkman W205 Cell Phone
Feb 19, 2011 | D-Link DIR-300 Wireless Router
Nov 04, 2008 | Motorola Mobility ROKR E6 Smartphone
Apr 24, 2008 | NetGear WGT624 Wireless Router
Jan 14, 2008 | Motorola Mobility Mobile PhoneTools 3.0...
Dec 26, 2007 | Zyxel Prestige 660HW Wireless Router...
427 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: