Question about Siemens SpeedStream Modem (4100) (SS4100)
Well, I understand that the modem is SS4100, which means ther are
5lights on it being, Power, Ethernet, DSL, Internet & Activity....
Note:The trouble shooting is done according to the Light Status on the modem.
1. No matter what the proble is, the first step is to Power Cycle the modem to eliminate the static on the modem(to switch it off and back on).
2. If the Power Light is anything other than a solid green, then the modem is fried(except the fact that the adapter is plugged and working).
3. If the Power is green and Ethernet is off, then check for the LAN cable at the back
of the computer if its connected to the modem.(It turns green if connected properly)
4. If the DSL light is anything other than solid green, then call up the ISP tech's to ask why the intenet is not working.
(make sure the DSL cable is plugged firmly onto the back of the modem and the wall jack)
5. If the Power, Ethernet and the DSL is green and the internet is not, the open up the Modem page(type 192.168.0.1 in the address bar and enter for the modem page), and cross-check for the username and the password. Save the changes and your internet is working!!!
6. The Activity light usually blinks green and it does't have much to do with the troubleshooting.
The above are the basic troubleshooting steps.
Hope it solves your problem......
Posted on Dec 20, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 24, 2011 | AT&T High Speed DSL Modem
Mar 10, 2011 | IBM Computers & Internet
Apr 02, 2010 | RCA Thomson Digital Cable Modem (DCM305R)
Mar 12, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Dec 30, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Nov 22, 2009 | Arris SURFboard SB5120 Modem
May 12, 2009 | RCA DCM425 DIGITAL CABLE MODEM (RCADCM425)
Aug 11, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Dec 22, 2007 | Belkin (A3X1627-06KIT-M) Modem
424 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: