A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I see you replaced the Black in on your HP printer but the light keeps on blinking still.
Make sure that you remove the silicon film from the ink cartridge before installing in the printer, if that file is not removed the contact to the printers ink will not detect the ink cartridge at all.
Also try to remove all the ink cartridges and install all of them at the same time , this is to reset the printer from detecting all the printer ink cartridges.
I hope this will help you :)
* Green Power light flashes- The printer is receiving a print job, replacing an ink cartridge, charging ink, or cleaning the print head.
* RED paper light is On- If the CD/DVD try guide is open, close the CD/DVD tray guide, load paper, then press the paper button.
Your paper ran out or multiple sheets loaded at the same time . Load paper and press the paper butoon to resume printing.
* RED paper light flashes- Paper is jammed in the printer. Press the paper button to eject the jammed paper. If the light is still flashing , open the cover and remove all paper, including any jammed or torn pieces. Then reload paper and press the paper button to continue printing.
* RED Ink Light Flashes - One or more cartridges are low on ink. Check the message that appears on your screen to determine which cartridge is low, or follow the instructions in " Checking the Ink Supply". Make sure you have a replacement cartridge.
* RED Ink Light is ON- One or more cartridges are out of ink or not installed. If you have just installed a new cartridge, it may be incomaptible with the printer or incorrectly installed. Reinstall it or replace it with the correct cartridge
* RED Ink and RED paper lights flash alternately- The CD/DVD tray guide was left open when you turned on the printer or when printing on paper. Just simply close it/
* Green Power Light is Off; RED paperand RED Ink Lights flashing- Paper may be blocking movement of the print head. Turn off the printer, then open the cover and remove any jammed paper or other foreign objects. Turn the printer back on again. Or it may have an internal error. Turn off the printer, wait a few seconds, then turn it on again.
The blinking ink light means that the printer does not recognize one of the ink cartridges. Power the printer off, pull out the power cord, wait for awhile, replug and turn the printer on. If the light no longer blinks, ok. If not, try installing another cartridge pair if you have them available - even if they are old used ones. If the ink light continues to blink with different cartridges or if you don't have any different cartridges, old or new, you have a dilemma. Do you want a new printer or do you want to continue to chase this problem. To chase this problem, get new cartridges and install them (half the price of a new printer). If that works your set, but if not you need to have your printer serviced which is doubtful that it is worthwhile doing so.
Lift up the scanner bed (top part) of the
printer to expose the cartridges.
the red triangle button once. Wait for the cartridge carrier to move to the
middle. On the housing of the printer (the non-moving part), there is an arrow
that will point to the empty cartridge.
Push the red triangle button again to see if the next cartridge
is empty. Repeat this step, noting which cartridges are empty, until the
cartridge carrier moves to the right. Now you can replace each cartridge that is
After replacing the empty
cartridges, push the red triangle button again, and the carrier will begin
moving back and forth (cleaning itself). Once it stops, it should be positioned
on the far right side.
Lower the scanner
bed to "close" the printer. The ink light should go off and you should be able
I have replaced my ink cartridges numerous times and they are still full. It keeps telling me the ink cartridge needs replacing. It won't print and the red light keeps blinking. I have disconnected the usb and the power. I have only had this printer for about a year. It won't scan or print. Its a Kodak Easyshare 5300. The HomeCenter AiO is disconnected so how do I contact anyone from Kodak?
unplug your printer try to move the ink case manually. if you could remove the ink cartridge, then clean the contacts both on the cartridge and case. return the cartridges then move the case to its original location plug
The light you describe is the ink light. When that light is blinking, try this.
Turn on the printer. Open the front cover and look at the carrier for the ink cartridges. There is a white arrow right above the latch for the color cartridge. Once the carrier stops moving, the white arrow should be pointing to a symbol which represents the problem (the reason the light is blinking.) Examples are low ink black, low ink color, sick black ( replace ) , sick color ( replace ).
IF you have just replaced your black cartridge, you might need to replace your color cartridge too. This printer will not work without both ink cartridges installed and full. You cant print with a full black and an empty color cartridge unfortunately, even if you only want to print black.