- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
THINKPAD BIOS AND POWER ON PASSWORD The BIOS password is configured from the BIOS setup and this password is stored on an 24RF08 EEPROM chip. There is no backdoor password available and IBM/Lenevo support says the motherboard needs to be replaced. Also removing the BIOS battery to discharge the BIOS and reset it to the default settings will not allow you to bypass this password. This also applies to the Power On Password and the Hard Disk Password. There is a way to crack the password but you need electronic skills, electronic components and several programs plus a working computer to carry out this task. For details on how to do this check this WEB site. http://sodoityourself.com/hacking-ibm-thinkpad-bios-password/
Depending upon the make and model of your laptop, you may be able to remove the BIOS battery for 20 minutes for the BIOS to revert to the default settings to remove the Power On Password. If this does not work then the Power On Password is stored on an EEPROM chip and there are no backdoor password available. If this laptop is a ThinkPad then there is a way to get this Power On Password, but it requires a bit of work. Please click on this link and follow my instructions :- http://www.fixya.com/support/r4335050-remove_bios_power_password_thinkpad
There might be the following solution. Any one of these will be suitable for you.
1. Usually you can enable it from the On/Off button on the notebook.
2. With the combination of Fn key and Function key , you can enable the wireless radio.
3. From Bios it may be diable. Just enable from the Bios.
4. Some times the software by the manufacturer company diable/ enable the wireless. Try using the vendor's softre.
5. If still you have the problem . then change the windows.
You should take your computer into an authorized IBM repair depot. Do you live in Canada? CompuFirm can assist you, we have repair depots all over canada visit www.compufirm.net to view our locations.
I would take it in for repair quick because the fan not working could cause system failure.