I have an Acer Aspire 5920-6864 Laptop. about 5 months back i bought it from Tiger Direct.com, but now it is out of warranty.
My problem is , it do not turn on. I checked the battery and the Ac
adapters they are working fine. also i try to follow the acer
instruction like pressing power button 20 second like option, still it
do not work.
When i plug and give the power to laptop , i can see that the LED bulb
in the ac adapter start to blink , where it should be steady. But i
check the ac adapter with anther computer it is working fine. Even the
battery is working fine.
Can some body please tell me whats wrong with this laptop.
This probleme is common among acer 5920, the probleme is with the motherboard that's of bad quality and workmanship.
Acer should be ashamed to sell a PC with a faulty motherboard and should compensate all 5920's owners or replace with a better motherboard.
1000's if not millions are having the same probleme wich tell to anyone with a brain that Acer 5920 is a scam. good luck. x
Same problem here, the blinking power led shows a short circuit. Took everything apart looking for a faulty capacitor or anything that would be obvious but no luck. Some googling showed me that thousands of people out there suffer from the same fried motherboard issue. Replacement is far more expensive than I thought.
I work as an IT manager and unfortunately I suggested acer notebooks to many people I know. That will change.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 3 tips or uploaded 2 video tips.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
Re: Acer Aspire 5920-6864 Is not turned on
I have run into this problem with ore than one Acer 5920. Something on the motherboard has shorted and drains the adapter of it's power. so far, I've not found any other recourse but to change the motherboard.
I have encountered the same issue and have concluded that i have a bad power switch or bad motherborad. to solve the problem i press any key on the computer's mouse and the computers turns back on---this resets the bios' clock but solves the problem.
do you also have problems with your USBs? it turns very slow?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This could be one of two things, it is either the inverter (this generates high voltage to run the back light) or it could be the back light itself.
As you have suggested, it could just be a loose wire or cable.
Replacing the inverter is relatively straightforward as it is located at the bottom edge of the LCD screen behind the plastic case. The backlight is usually part of the LCD screen and you would usually be better replacing the screen entirely.
To get at either of these components to check cables/wires etc, you will need to disassemble the screen case of the laptop, this is fairly simple if you are comfortable with disassmbling laptops.
A brief overview of the screen replacement process is below, instructions 1-4 show how to remove the case to access the inverter and cables:
1. Power off your laptop. Turn the laptop upside down so that you can see the bottom side of the laptop's case.
2. Depress the battery release latch and lift the battery and laptop ac adapter out of the laptop. Flip the computer back over and open up the LCD screen to a 90 degree angle.
3. Pull off each of the rubber buttons located along the edges of the Acer Aspire 5535 Screen. Remove each of the screws underneath the buttons with the Phillips-head screwdriver, remove keyboard.
4. Insert your fingers underneath the cover of the Acer Aspire 5535 Screen. Work your fingers around the edges of the cover to unlock it from the screen. Pull the cover off the screen and set it aside.
5. Locate the inverter board at the bottom edge of the Acer laptop screen . Disconnect the cables at the right and left end of the board that connect to the Acer Aspire 5535 Screen. Remove the screw holding the inverter board in place and then lift the board off the LCD screen.
6. Tilt the screen slightly towards you until you can see the strip of tape holding the video cable. Pull off the tape and then disconnect the video cable from the laptop case.
7. Remove the Acer Aspire 5535 LCD screen from the case. Set the new screen onto the case and reattach the video cable and tape strip. Position the replacement inverter board at the bottom of the screen and attach the screw.
8. Reconnect the inverter board's cables. Pop the plastic cover onto the Acer Aspire 5535 LCD screen and reconnect the screws. Set the rubber buttons over the screws. Reconnect the battery.
9. Turn on the laptop. Wait for the manufacturer's logo to appear on the screen to ensure the display was replaced properly.
First we have to know what is the model # sometime they are different of the design how to remove the laptop keyboard. I can tell you what tools you need, a set precision screw drivers which you can buy to any electronic stores. Asus is in Fremont Ca., you can order the keyboard parts to them or to other like tiger direct. There are some laptop that you may have to remove 4 or 5 screws at the rear of the laptop near by the lcd monitor hinges, and there are some that you just simple push the locking tab that why you need a little flat screw driver. I am hoping that this little information will help you to solve the problem. Get back to us if need more assistance.