My month old Blackberry Pearl just started to turn on and off with a white screen and the loading symbol in the middle. Also the red light turns on for a few seconds, then turns off. It was just sitting on my desk all day!
My problem apparently was with the new OS and the memory card (micros SD). Make sure you download the latest OS for your phone. Then you have to format the card. Copy the info from your memory card onto your computer, then delete that info from your memory card. This should fix the on/off cycling of the phone.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
let it charge for a while its completely drain blackberry's barley ever completely die so when the do they can't even turn on for a while after 20 minutes at most you should see it booting up(white screen with hour glass)
Try a different charger (like your car charger instead of your home charger) - make sure while it's plugged in - the display shows that the charger is charging it, blinking - or bars going up or down, or a thunderbolt on the display screen next to the battery power symbol etc
Once you know your charger is working, its probably easiest to find someone else with a BB and ask them if you can trade them batteries for a day to see if it's a bad battery. ( You can usually buy a battery for $5 on ebay, or up to $20 in a cell phone store)
All in all, trade someone for their battery, or their charger - if you dont wanna buy one at first. See if the problem follows your old battery etc..
And if neither solve your problem then its the BB itself. I have called in to the cell company before and let them know we have a BB that will not hold a charge no matter what battery or charger I use... and they usually replace it under warranty as long as its less than 12 months old, and the white squares in the battery compartment are still white.
Your Blackberry probably just needs a firmware restore. Here's a guide on how to restore the blackberry firmware, the website is at : Restore Blackberry to factory settings.Download the Blackberry Desktop manager and run the application loader. Make sure you check to delete old applications in advanced tab. Carefully all you datat will be wiped.
Hi it is because the BlackBerry Pearl 8100 smartphone cannot initialize the BlackBerry Device Software or there is a corrupt operating system file. To resolve this issue, reload the BlackBerry Device Software on the BlackBerry Pearl 8100 smartphone.
To perform an installation of the BlackBerry Device Software using BlackBerry Desktop Manager version 4.5 to 5.0, perform the following steps: 1) Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
2) Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer and open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
3) Double-click Application Loader.
4) Click Start under Update Software to start the installation process.
5) Type your BlackBerry smartphone password, if prompted, and click OK.
6) Select Options under Device Software Options.
7) Select the check boxes next to the names of the applications to be loaded, and then click Next.
8) Click OK > Next > Finish.
9) When the process has completed, the message The loading operation was successful will appear. 10) Click Close to return to the BlackBerry Desktop Manager. I hope this information will be helpful to you.
Generally rectangular box appears when you are in Roaming. After doing the Hardreset still if you are getting rectangular box in your handheld kindly walk into the nearest service center.
A hard reset involves physically removing the battery from the smartphone and then reinserting it. To perform a hard reset, complete the following steps:
1) Remove the battery cover from the back of the BlackBerry smartphone.
2) Remove the battery, and then reinsert it after a few seconds.
3) Replace the battery cover.
I hope I was able to help you.
Thank you for using Fixya.
BEFORE ANYTHING !!!! use the desktop software to backup your data on the BB (if you can) and save the file to the desktop. next go to https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=577BCC914F9E55D5E4E4F82F9F00E7D4you need to download (use pull down menu)blackberry desktop software 4.6 and the blackberry pearl 8110 smartphone. install the desktop software first then the device software.. this can take maybe an hour (not including the download time)