- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you are unable to connect to internet. There are few things you can try:
1) Reinstall the Ethernet drivers. Go to control panel> add/remove programs> uninstall the Intel or Realtek Ethernet drivers.Then reinstall the drivers from the motherboard disc provided with this pc. Make sure you install only the ethernet drivers.
2) If your pc is giving any kind of error message like limited connectivity then its a problem with your ISP(Internet service provider) or the windows operating system itself. Call your ISP and let them check the issue if they can't help go for a repair install of windows using the disc.
Follow this steps
1. Connect the provided power adapter from the gateway's POWER port to an electrical outlet. The POWER light on the front of the gateway should be green.
2. Connect the provided gray phone cable from the gateway's PHONE LINE port to the DSL filter jack
3. Connect the yellow Ethernet cable provided with the gateway from the LOCAL ETHERNET port on the gateway to your computer's Ethernet port
With your computer completely started, verify the POWER and ETHERNET indicator lights on the front of the 2Wire gateway are green. If they are not, see "Understanding the Indicator Lights" on page 15. The INTERNET indicator light will not turn green until the gateway software has been installed and an Internet connection has been established.
At the black window with the prompt(cursor) type ipconfig and search "default gateway"
Type the gateway address in the browser ej: 192.168.0.1
This is for enter the web administration of the router. I don't know your revision. But I will get you the Hardware Version: A1 Firmware Version: 1.04
Aim for Status as the picture above
On the WAN section is the actual Internet. WAN = Wide Area Network. Your computer is actually on the LAN = Local Area Network. The Computer looks the address on the router, then the router go to the WAN for the information. But this is transparent to the user. If the WAN is in cero on the addresses, you have to check the installation. when the installation are correct power cycle the modem and the router and try again. Always connected via Ethernet cable. Hope to help!
Plug in an ethernet cable into your ethernet card port on the left hand side of your laptop. When it connects to the internet click on the Windows update icon in the system tray. It should show you a Realtek Wireless RTL8187b wireless adapter driver update. Install it, you may need to reboot, but in any case you will have wireless networks available to you and you can pull out the ethernet cable. Good luck.
Have to reinstall ethernet driver. Need to use a usb wireless to get online, then choose search online for driver, or right click the ethernet adapter in device manager and choose device ID and search for driver on another computer and then install it on yours.