Question about LG WM1814CW Front Load Washer
The washer will drain and keep draining for like 5 minutes the when it is suppose to go into spin cycle it will stop and an error code will come up saying the load is uneven. i even tried running the washer empty and the same error code came up. any suggestions??
I had the same problem. I found a water leak on the water valves at the back on the unit. This leak dripped on a wire that lead back to the ball sensor. The water was causing the computer to interpret a "unbalanced error". I suggest that the valves have a design defect that caused them to start leaking. After I discovered that my local appliance parts stores is NOT allowed to carry LG parts. I was very upset. I removed the ALL of the valves, cleaned them and applied a thin coating of silicon around the plastic solenoid shell, reassembled and I have no more leaks. I also cleaned the "ball" sensor to get rid on any moisture. Afterwards my wife was able to do 8 loads and me twice.
Posted on Dec 23, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 11, 2015 | LG Washing Machines
Apr 10, 2013 | Frigidaire Washing Machines
Feb 27, 2013 | LG WM2016C
If suds are detected continuously by the pressure switch during the drain or spin phases, the washer will fill 4 liters of water and during 5 minutes the unit will rest without tumbling, the water will be drained and it will try to spin or drain again.
• If too much detergent was used:
- Run the unit through a RINSE/SPIN cycle.
- Run a NORMAL cycle without adding any detergent,
• This should clear the unit of the excess detergent.
1. Check the drain hose and make sure it is not plugged or kinked.
2. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
3. Check wire harness connections to the drain pump, pressure switch, and Central Control Unit (CCU).
4. Check/clean drain pump filter of foreign objects.
5. Plug in washer or reconnect power.
6. Check drain pump.
7. Check the pressure switch.
8. Verify CCU operation by running a Diagnostic Test or any cycle.
Nov 30, 2010 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Oct 29, 2010 | LG WM2455 Front Load Washer
Aug 29, 2010 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Aug 15, 2009 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Dec 19, 2008 | LG WM1814CW Front Load Washer
Mar 14, 2008 | LG WM1814CW Front Load Washer
413 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!