- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi, I think the issue is with your DVD Drive (Hardware issue). Anyway we can try once.
Go to RUN (Start+R) and type DEVMGMT.MSC, press Enter. You will get Device Manager window. Here you can find DVD/CD Drivers. Expand that and you will get the full name of you DVD Driver here. Right click on that full name and select Uninstall. Confirm with clicking on OK and reboot your Laptop. Once restarted try to insert one New CD/DVD and check the status.
Try the above solution and get back with your status.
Your system comes with on-board diagnostics. Run the diagnostics to check if the problem is with the drive or windows.
To run the diagnostics follow the steps below
1. Shutdown the system
2. Press the Fn+Power button together
3. The screen will display color screens
4. Follow the prompts until it takes you to advanced diagnostics
5. Do a custom test on the optical drive.
If you are unable to run the diagnostics
1. Find the dell resource cd that came with the system
2. Insert the cd in and restart the computer
3. At the Dell logo screen press the f12 slowly 5 times
4. Select boot from cd/dvd drive
5. Press any key to boot from cd .... message appears press enter
6. If the system starts from the cd .. this would mean the drive is ok
check in my computer if theres a cd/dvd near with drive C: or D: etc...
if not there, you reboot the laptop and press F2 to bios setup and check the cd/dvd setting if detect,if not, hardware problem...if it is detecting and not showing in windows,theres a virus in the regestry,i think so..try to scan..if not come...format..finish