Question about Printers & Copiers
To scan to email, Administrator email address must be set in the machine (any bogus email address will work too).
Also, email server address must be input as IP address if DNS or WINS is not running in LAN.
Posted on Mar 09, 2008
I've just discovered that Ricoh's built in software only works if your SMTP server sends out without picking up password or authentication.
Having same issue and it worked fine when it was behind corporate firewall with the same connection settings (IP address) as the SMTP server.
Once I changed web hosting - it won't recognize the SMTP server or any authentication methods. According to IKON (Ricoh support for the USA) - your SMTP server has to have "relay exception"
Posted on Mar 23, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 22, 2015 | Konica Minolta Minolta BIZHUB 3320 BRAND...
Jan 07, 2015 | Printers & Copiers
Jul 08, 2014 | Ricoh Aficio 2020 All-In-One Laser Printer
Type the machine ip adress on the adress bar of the machine and hit enter.
Then the machine webpage will appear
1. Click the Network Settings link, login asadmin, username is admin and password is also admin and click the Services Settings link.
2. Use the SMTP server IP addresses in the Primary andSecondary Server fields rather than the server names.
3. Verify if the mail server is using the default SMTP portof 25. If it is not, then change the Port Number to match the server. Port 587is a commonly used port if authentication is required.
4. The Reply Email Address must be a valid local emailaddress for some mail servers or messages will be discarded. If using a Reply Email Address like: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org confirm that the email address actually exists.
5. If the server is running SSL (GMail uses SSL) for bettersecurity, check the box next to Enable SSL. Click here for instructions on how to setup scan to GMail.
6. Leave the User Name and Password blank temporarily andperform the Connection Test. A successful response will verify that the serveris really a valid SMTP mail server.
The following should be performed byan I.T. person
Mail server settings
1.Createa new user account and password for the mfp on the mail server this useraccount name , the name set in the mfp
Apr 08, 2011 | Sharp MX-2700N Color Copier
Feb 20, 2010 | Ricoh Aficio SP C222SF All-In-One Laser...
Jun 12, 2009 | Konica Minolta bizhub 350 All-In-One Laser...
Jan 28, 2009 | Xerox WorkCentre M20i All-In-One Laser...
Oct 20, 2008 | Konica Minolta bizhub C250 All-In-One...
Aug 29, 2008 | Xerox Phaser 3200MFP/N Laser Printer
1,034 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!