Question about Kohler Flush Actuator K 9446 [ Bathroom, Bathroom Fixtures, Toilet Accessor

1 Answer

Installed a new Kohler model K 4350-0 floor mounted elomgated toilet with no apparent problem. Installed a Sloan Regal flushometer with no apparent problem. I have no leaks, and it appears to flush normally, water is rinsing down from all around the insides of the toilet bowl. The whirlpool effect is going on in the toilet bowl as normal, but no debris is flushed down the toilet. The water level in the bowl never deviates. Once the flush stops you do hear water running in the toilet for a couples seconds.

Posted by on

  • Anonymous Mar 28, 2014

    The tank does not refill, but water continues to seep into bowl. I have to lift top and jiggle blue fill mechanism on right side of apparatus that is in the middle of the tank.


1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 18 Answers

2 possibilities.

1) The diaphragm in the Sloan is for a urinal. (1.0gal vs. 1.6gal);

2) Not enough water. (stop partially closed, supply undersized)

Posted on Dec 20, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

My kohler toilet tissue holder came off the to you separate it from the metal wall mount to rescrew it into the looks like a special tool is used..

Hello - most toilet tissue holders have a allen screw head or a eye glass screw head that holds them together, they need to be separated,remounted to wall then put back together. P2 Plumber 25 yrs

May 18, 2011 | Kohler 10554-BRZ Devonshire Toilet Tissue...

1 Answer

The studs that rest on the tiolet bowl keep breaking - where can I get replacements? In Australia?

if it is the tank they are tank bolts, any hardware store sells them or eBay. if it the toilet where it anchors to the floor then they are flange bolts same as before. Hope this helps Tim

Apr 30, 2011 | Kohler Home

1 Answer

I have a one piece Kohler toilet with a model 703 valve assembly. It is leaking. Do you know of a replacement for it?

The model 703 was replaced by part number 1068030. go to the site and get to the part area and search for 1068030.

You may just need a new flapper - 1010376 part number


Apr 14, 2011 | Home

1 Answer

I need to replace the flapper on my kohler model 703 toilet but don't know that part # can you give that to me please.

Kohler toilets normally have the part numbers on the underside of the the tank lid. I was not able to find the 703 model listed on the Kohler sites; check under the tank lid there for a more complete model number and possibly a specific number for your toilet flapper.

Here is a fairly user friendly site with an illustrated selection of Kohler replacement parts. You may be able to match your model number or measure and visually match a suitable replacement:

Your other option is to turn off the water supply to your toilet; remove the flapper and pay a visit to your local plumbing supply store. In some cases you will be able to use a universal repalcement part as long as the means of attachment and the size are the same.

Feb 05, 2011 | Kohler Home

1 Answer


The flush seal is the rubber gasket between the tank and the bowl. You do not have one. So I am guessing you mean the wax ring on the floor?? They usually only get replaced when the toilet is changed, unless you spring a leak. Or are you talking about the flapper inside the tank that holds the water till the flush lever is pulled? Get a new flapper, if it is just the flapper you need, otherwise you will have to buy the whole thing, all these parts are available at the hardware store. I think it is held on by a couple screws in there, might just be a press fit, we don't see too many one piece toilets. And the wax ring is about $2, but the toilet has to be unbolted from the floor and water disconnected, clean off the old wax, put on the new ring, smoosh it back down and bolt it back it up. Don't for get the water line. Check to make sure you have no leaks. Hope this helps.

May 23, 2010 | Kohler K-3386-0 Rialto one-piece...

1 Answer

Cannot remove old tiolet seat as the nut imbedded in the ceremic appars to be cross threaded

cut the head off from top use a dremel ,wizard or drill with a cut off wheel or sawsall use very carefully and support nut so it doesnt rattle and crack porcelain

Nov 07, 2009 | Kohler K-3386-0 Rialto one-piece...

1 Answer


go to any howm center, plumbing section. The replacement gasket is not the same as the original, however, they do fit. The other choice is go to Kohler resaller.

May 20, 2009 | Kohler Home

1 Answer

Toilet will not flush

It sound like you have debris caught in the fill valve. Remove the top where the washer is and put your hand over it and slowly turn the water on to flush the fill valve. Replace the washer with a new one and then replace the top.

If you have the old ball and **** style, replaceing the diaphram is harder so I would recommend replacing it with a fluidmaster fill valve. Hope this helps.

Apr 06, 2009 | Kohler K-3422 - Wellworth Elongated...

1 Answer

Flapper wont stay up to let tank empty - adjusted chain - new handle - nothing seem to work ?????

New problem or old? Did you buy and replace flapper? Is the one you bought made for your model? Many of the Kohler brand flappers have floates attached to the chain about the flapper to help keep it open longer. 

Mar 19, 2009 | Kohler Home

Not finding what you are looking for?
Kohler Flush Actuator K 9446 [ Bathroom, Bathroom Fixtures, Toilet Accessor Logo

367 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Kohler Home Experts

john h

Level 3 Expert

7409 Answers

Tim Whalen

Level 3 Expert

3069 Answers


Level 3 Expert

4332 Answers

Are you a Kohler Home Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides