Question about Lexmark T644 Laser Printer
Make sure the paper type for the tray from which you print envelope is set to Envelope. If the printer doesn't know that an envelope is being printed, it will not turn on the "Envelope Enhance" feature. The Envelope Enhance feature pumps air out of the envelope before it enters the fuser and can prevent creasing in the envelope. However, keep in mind that any envelopes larger than a US Size 10 will most likely crinkle, with or without the Envelope Enhance
Posted on Feb 06, 2009
Hi this is Gepet0
Standing at the rear. If you take the fuser out there is a fuser gear on the right inside the printer assembly it has a thin plastic arm connected to another peice if this is not seated right the printer won't sqeeze the air out of the envelope and thus the wrinkle.
That is the donk donk donk you hear when you print a envelope. The arm connection is extremly flimsy and can be accidentaly left ajar or off while changeing the fuser. Standing in front of the printer you might have to take the lkeft cover and enginge board out to get to the piece.
Posted on Jun 11, 2010
The problem that you are experiencing is caused by the way the text is formatted in most word processing documents. By default envelopes are printed not in black, but a dark gray. This confuses the printer and causes it to use the color cartridge to process gray instead of using the black cartridge.
You can fix this problem with one of two ways:
1. Click on "Start", "Control Panel" and click on "Printers and Faxes." Right click on the "Lexmark Printer" icon and select "Properties." Click on "Printing Preferences." Go to "Quality/Copies" tab and select the option "Print color images in black and white."
2. You can also change the color of you text to a true black in your word processor. This will require you to resort to the word processor's documentation and help files.
Both of these settings will cause your printer to use the black cartridge instead of the color. If either one of these solutions solves your problem, it means your color cartridge needs to be cleaned or replaced. If you feel that the color cartridge should not be out of ink, please follow the steps given below:
Clean Nozzle Procedure:
1. Go to the "Solution Center" and click on the "Maintenance" tab.
2. Select "Clean to fix horizontal strips."
The colors that you should see here are black, yellow, magenta (a reddish purple) and cyan (a dark sky blue). You should notice the diagonal lines above and below the solid horizontal lines. These diagonal lines should be solid from left to right with no gaps.
If there are gaps in the lines or the print diminishes across the page, you should run the "Clean Print Nozzles" page a couple more times to try and clear it up. If you still have gaps at the top and bottom, you should "wick" the cartridges by following the steps given below:
1. Select "Install color/black cartridge" and remove the cartridge from the printer.
2. Get a damp paper towel.
3. Set the ink cartridge right side up on the damp paper towel so that the ink nozzles are against the towel and hold the cartridge in this position for about 15 seconds.
4. Now wipe the print head (on the bottom where the ink comes out) across in one direction only (left to right) until it looks clean.
5. Next dab the cartridge on the towel to make sure that the ink is flowing.
6. Snap the cartridge back into the printer.
7. On your computer, select "Old Cartridge installed."
8. Repeat the "Clean to fix horizontal strips" procedure listed above.
If this procedure does not help, please let us know so that we can continue with technical support.
Posted on Oct 01, 2009
Testimonial: "Thank you. I was on the phone with Lexmark a whole hour last night and they couldn't fix it. This corrected the problem immediately! You are a Wiz"
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 14, 2014 | Kyocera Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 14, 2013 | Konica Minolta Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 10, 2011 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 02, 2010 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 25, 2010 | Brother HL-5370DWT Laser Printer
Aug 19, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 11, 2009 | Brother MFC-9840CDW Laser Printer
Oct 13, 2008 | Dell 5210n Laser Printer
Sep 08, 2008 | Brother HL-2040 Laser Printer
Mar 19, 2008 | HP DeskJet 712c InkJet Printer
622 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!