a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
sounds like your laser is failing. You can find tutorials on how to adjust, clean or replace your laser. Do a google search for " ps2 disc read error " it will give you a choice of plenty of tutorials to follow. Good luck
Sounds like you need to get your money back ..the resurfaceing can also do more bad than good But a little trick lightly rub a crayon over the disk ,,old pantyhose works great rub it off from center out then try your disk ,,have saved many good games that way
Disc Read Error generally means that the game disk cannot be read by your console.
Reasons for Disc Read Error 1. Disk surface scratched or smudged. 2. Disk surface dirty. 3. Lens surface dirty.
Here is what you can try doing.
1. Check the game disc for any scratches or smudges on the surface of the game disc, try to clean them off by using a non-abrasive cotton cloth.
2. If the PS2 console is lying down, please set the console to on its side or if it's on its side set it to flat position, restart the console and then try game again. Always ensure the PlayStation 2 is in a cool, well ventilated place.
3. Remove and reinsert the Memory card of your PS2, restart the console then try running the game again. Other troubleshooting that you can try.
Change the Disc speed of the PS2 DVD and then try again.
Start the PS2 with no disc in a drive. Press the "triangle" button on the controller. Use the up and down buttons on the controller to select "Playstation Driver” and press the "triangle" button on the controller. Select Disc speed. If it is set to "Fast," select "Standard"; if it is set to "Standard", select "Fast" and press the "X" button on the controller. Press the "O" button on the controller. Insert the game disc and restart the PS2. Try running the game again.
Turn the Diagnosis On for PlayStation2 to auto detect the best settings.
From the Browser and System Configuration menu. Press the triangle button to select Version. Highlight the Console from the list and press the triangle button - this accesses the next menu option. The Diagnosis will be highlighted. Press the X button to access the options available. Highlight "ON" and press the X button to affect the change. Restart the console and try the game again.
If the above steps does do not solve the error then you would probably have to replace the disc.
Note: If you are using the Slim version of PS2 make sure that the console is properly ventilated and that it should always be in the standing position, as the slim version of PS2 no fan or any other cooling unit unlike the normal PS2.