Is there a code to enter to make this unit work? Radio came out of another car and I have no info about it. It doesn't give an error code, it just says "eject" and sends the cd out. I've tried several cds. None burned. If I need a code, how can I get it?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You need to visit Alpines' site to download the owner's manual for your unit. In the mean time here is some info from the troubleshooting guide for your error code.
• Mechanism error. 1. Press the "eject" button and eject the CD. If not ejecting, consult your Alpine dealer. 2. When the error indication remains after ejecting, press the "eject" button again. If the error indication still does not turn off after pressing the "eject" button for a few times, consult your Alpine dealer. Note When the "- - - E" is displayed: In case that the disc cannot be ejected by pressing the "eject" button, press the RESET switch (refer to page 4) and press the "eject" button again. If not ejecting, consult your Alpine dealer.
If you can borrow one from a friend then this will work for you
KENWOOD SECURITY CODE CLEAR procedure
Your radio will require one of the following procedures.
Type 1 During the code request mode, while holding the DISP key depressed, press and hold the Volume UP or DOWN key for 3 seconds (so that “…” disappears). Then using your remote enter your code.
Type 2 Press the "Auto" button and "Track up" on face of radio at the same time. The four dash lines ( . . . . ) should "disappear".
Then using your remote enter your code.
Type 3 Model# DPX-4020 and DPX-4030 Press and hold the 1 then the 6 preset key (preset keys are the buttons on face of radio for storing you "favorite" radio stations). "C" should display. Then using your remote, enter your code.
Enter your number from the remote control unit. Your code number is 5227 (KCAR)
* Press numeric key “5” ( 2 times ) and press the Track UP/Next Track key * Press numeric key “2” ( 3 times ) and press the Track UP/Next Track key * Press numeric key “2” ( 1 time ) and press the Track UP/Next Track key * Press numeric key “7” ( 2 times ) and press the Track UP/Next Track key
The security is canceled and the set enters the TUNER mode!
There's definitely no code you can enter to fix this. Sony doesn't use anti-theft codes, and in brands that do, they don't work like you're describing. Either the unit is defective or the antenna has been disconnected.