Question about GE 27GT616 27" TV

1 Answer

Television Fuse Pulled on the television cord and the television stopped working. Changed something in the set that looked like a fuse, but I got the fuse from a smaller television. I need to know if that part is called a fuse and where can I buy this part from.

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 944 Answers
Re: Television Fuse

If it is a glass tube with a small bit of wire in the middle, maybe painted or with a label round the tube, two metal end caps, and a springy clip holder then yes, its a fuse. You should be able to get the same one at most hardware stores depending on the rating. usually the rating will be stamped in tiny letters on the side of one of the metal end caps, or on the tube if it is painted or labelled. It would say something like 6A or possibly 500mA or similar or maybe just the numbers with no A or mA. take the old one with you and you should be able to get a box of them cheap enough if you want. even if it has no numbers printed on it - look where the spring clips are and next to them or between them it will probably have printed "F1" or similar (meaning first fuse), and a rating like 10A etc. get one that is the same as the printed rating instead of the old one that came out if they are different. you might be lucky and find the one you got from the other tv is the correct one anyway, but you should check. Hope this helps - if not then please post again :)

Posted on Mar 29, 2007

Add Your Answer

0 characters

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add


3 Points

Related Questions:

2 Answers

How do I find the power board in a 1997 big screen Sony TV to check the fuse? How do I check the fuse? I live in a house built in the 1890's, and last year there were 2 different tornados ,within 2...

With it unplugged remove the rear cover and follow the power cord inside the set to the power supply board===the cord goes directly to the line fuse which in a set of that age will be in a plug in holder----look to see if strand of metal in middle is broken or even blackened.

Amperage will be marked on end of such a fuse--my guess is 6.3 amps but there will also be a marking on the board with the value.

May 24, 2012 | Sony Standard (CRT) Televisions

1 Answer

When I depress the power button, the television does not come one, but the green light on the power button blinks.

9 times out of 10 it has to be that the fuse popped. all you need to do is take the back off the fuse will be by the power cord on the motherboard if the fuse looks black on the inside or the aluminum is missing! And if you look at the motherboard where the fuse goes it will tell you the exact ampage and correct volts that has to be the same..Good Luck!!! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 24, 2010 | RCA F36650 36" TV

1 Answer

Wont come on house was struck by lightning now everything comes on but the tv

Open the television and follow the power cord to the main power supply board the fuse will be near this cords contact plug check for blown 5amp fuse, if fuse is not blown then power supply took a shock and needs repair.

Aug 18, 2010 | JVC AV-36D201 36" TV

1 Answer

Instruction to replace fuse philips 32mt3305/17 quit working after house power surge wont turn on

The internal main A/C fuse is usually located within close proximity to the power cord entry point on the main PCB. So remove the back cover and follow the cord to something that looks like this.

Nov 06, 2009 | Philips 32MT3305 TV

1 Answer

Power problem

If you don't have any indicators working, you have probably lost your power supply. With no picture and no sound the chances are you have either lost the power supply or blown a fuse. If you remove the cover and look at the circuit board there is a fuse located near the rear of the chassis near where the power cord connects to the chassis. If the fuse is blown, it is advisable to replace your damaged power cord before replacing the fuse. The cord could have a short and this could create a fire. Be very careful when working on any television. Be sure it is unplugged for more than one day to allow the high voltage to decay from the picture tube. Do not touch the picture tube, it still may have some residual voltage and could shock you. If you replace the cord and fuse and still have the same problem, you will probably find that the high voltage transistor is bad and needs to be replaced.


Nov 07, 2008 | Philips 36PT842H 36" TV

1 Answer


maybe you have a blown fuse,try to have a look first inside,if you have a blown fuse then replace it with the same rating,if it blows again replace your power regulator

Jun 30, 2008 | Samsung TXJ2554 TV

1 Answer


Could be a blown fuse inside. You can check this yourself if you are comfortable doing so. Remove the screws around the back edge of the set and remove the cover. Look around on the circuit board close to where the cord connects to it. You should see a small glass fuse. Use a pen or small screwdriver to pry it out. If you see any black inside, it's probably blown. This can happen for any number of reasons and doesn't necessarily mean that there's a problem. In this case, examine the shiny end caps for a number followed by the the letter 'A'. This is the current rating of the fuse. (ex., 3A means a 3 amp fuse). Get one at Radio Shack or other electronics store, replace it and try it out.

If the fuse is good, you will see a tiny wire running straight through the center. If it's good, then there's something else wrong that will require a professional.

Hope this helps, and please rate my advice, good OR bad.

Good luck!

Feb 04, 2008 | Sylvania 6427GG 27" TV

2 Answers

6.3 slow-blow fuse

Important parameter is 6.3 amp slow-blow,voltage rating = 125v
or 250v OK, No Worries.............................T,

Dec 08, 2007 | Panasonic CT-36SX12 36" TV

4 Answers

Panasonic CT-35HL43 36" TV has NO power

it could be the ac fuse gma 6.3 amp my ct-36hl43 did the same thing cost a dollar for the part 99 dollars laborer

Sep 30, 2007 | Panasonic CT-36HL43 36" TV

1 Answer

Television died

Unplug the set, remove the back and follow the power cord onto the main board, where you will see a small glass fuse. Replace that fuse with a new GMA 6.3 amp fuse. I have seen many of those fuses in Panasonics "pop" for no apparent reason. If that does not fix it then replace the back and have the set serviced by an experienced tech.

Jul 08, 2007 | Panasonic CT-32SX12 32" TV

Not finding what you are looking for?
Standard (CRT) Televisions Logo

Related Topics:

4,201 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top GE Standard (CRT) Televisions Experts

matt martin
matt martin

Level 3 Expert

1187 Answers

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

66384 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers

Are you a GE Standard (CRT) Television Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides