An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: cleaning above the grill element
I would not advise you to remove the element unless you feel competent to do so.
Best thing to do is to put the grill full on and let all the fat and grease burn itself off.
you will not hurt anything by doing this.
Make sure you have the griil door open and your house door.
Plz rate my solution.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It appears that the smoke is excess fat / food splatters that have landed on the grill element. If you had a faulty element it would not work period Also check that any boil overs from pots above are not finding their way to the rear of the element.
Most common problem is that the grill element is probably faulty/blown. Also check the wiring at the grill element terminals as wiring sometimes burns off. The grill controllers don't normally get faulty as they generally last a lot longer than the elements.
If you're going to clean the element use just plain soap and water with a good rinse.. Anything you put on the burner that doesn't evaporate perfectly will smoke and may be bad for you when you open the door to see how things are going.
hi, what you need to do is turn the grill on and leave it on what is happening is all the steam and fat and grease form the cooking you have done in the oven has risen and stuck on the heating element the grill uses, so open your windows and turn the grill onto its highest setting and just leave it after a while the smoke will stop.
You need to do this so that any food you cook using the grill doesnt smell of the smoke thats burning on the grill element.
Dont worry you wont do any harm to it this is a very common problem with combo ovens and grills and the same goes for microwaves with the grill feature so dont worry to much its what happens over time if you dont use the grill much.
So just switch the grill on and leave it it can take upto 20 to 30min to stop smoking but after its burned off all the grease and fat etc it will stop smoking and stop smelling so dont worry everybody who has one goes through this same problem.
let me know how you get on or if you need further assistance ok.
Its best you do this once a week or so to ensure that it dont build up to much as it can really stink the whole place out and if you cook food without burning it all off your food will taste like the smell witch believe me isnt nice, so just leave it all to burn off leave your windows and doors open and after about 20 min you should find the smoke will stop and the smell will go away.
You may find it only takes 5 to 10 min but dont worry no matter how long it takes your not doing any harm your just cleaning the element.
Dont try cleaning it with cleaning products as this can cause harm to the element and could taint any food with the cleaning product you use.
The only real help you can give is that before you turn it on to burn off the grease use a stiff hand brush and brush the element to remove all the dried on loose bits this will then make it quicker to stop smoking.
But other than that just leave it and it will sort itself out.
This sounds like some of the power wiring, or leads which go to the "electric" burners. the smoke is a wire based or very chemical based smell. that in it self is toxic. when it comes to something as major as this you should for your own safety contact the seller if it is under warranty. The voltages and risk or burns electrical and heat wise are not worth the risk to your person and or life and or property.
Is the smell a food smell or other smell. If it is food, then some food has gotten behind the blower motor. Clean behind it good. Even some small particles have gotten in there somehow. You can also feel thye sufaces of the oven and tell if there is some buildup.
usual cause of fumes is if the grill is in the oven, when for example a roast is done, fat spits onto the grill element and the circular element and smokes. if you leave it on, the smoke will clear. some ovens have a fat guard which clips over the grill in the centre of the back panel to prevent this.
to clean glass, just use scouring pads - glass is virtually impossible to scratch