- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Your local sports store should have an amband holder for MP3 players that attach to your arm and
keeps the player somewhat away form your body.
Electronic cleaner or Alchol may be a better solution because they dry very quickly BUT it is
also higly flammable so be careful with it. I would use a swab with a mimimal amount of cleaner
and carefully go around it. Water may actually work ok just use only a mimimal amount with a
swab and make sure it doesn't get into any of the internals.
The touch screen is not physically attached to the screen, if water was anywhere near the bottom of the ipod it may have triggered the water damage unit inside the bottom. Water also may have leaked into the unit frying the circuits. You'll have to visit an Apple store or Apple.com/support for repair.
probably...especially if the battery is still powering the device when you dropped it. remove the battery right away and have the water drained. You can try to dry it in an airconditioned room for several days but not under the sun or inside the refrigerator :-) Try to power it after several days or weeks..goodluck!
i dropped mine into water too, and at first I think it's hopeless to cure but i still tried because i just bought it several months ago. i tried to dry it with the hair-dryer for about 15-20 mins. it didn't work well right after but 2 days later, it seemed to be normal again. life still has miracles^^
Any device that gets wet may be ruined easily. It is very important that water doesn't touch the battery. unscrew the back and open it up, remove the battery and wipe it down. Prop it up in front of a hair dryer that is on cool setting (DO NOT USE HOT SETTING) for an hour or so and then put it together and try again. I've done this with mp3 players and cell phones after dropping them in puddles, showers, my washing machine, and even a tub of teriyaki sauce once and as long as the battery is completely dry and the back is completely dry when you put it back together you will be alright. You can also put the device in the freezer for a while and that should condense the water and help dry it out a bit.
Don't turn it on right away. Water alone does not break electronics. If the player was off when it got washed and it hasn't been turned on since it is probably still OK. If you turn it on when the unit is dry (inside), it will be OK.
But. If you tried it right away, and there was water in it when you turned it on it's game over. The unit will probably short out and never work again.
The question is how do you know when it is dry inside?