Question about HP Photosmart C3180 All-In-One InkJet Printer
I just purchased a new HP Laptop with Windows Vista, I had the HP C3180 Photosmart all in one printer and am wondering if anyone knows how I can make the printer work with my new laptop. The discs don't work and I called HP and they were NO HELP at all - so does anyone know if I can go online and download something, or ??? Please help.
This link might help you get the drivers and any software you might need to get it running on your laptop.
just scroll down the page and look for what you might need.
how to set up HP C3180 Photosmart all in one printer on windows vista...
Posted on Oct 31, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Hi I had the same problem for a week as I had rebooted my computer - I had been conversing with HP support for a week and still could not get it to work. Yesterday I got advice that worked....if you installed internet explorer 8 on your laptop uninstall it in add/remove programs (control panel) then make sure you have all open windows close and go to "start" > "run" and type %temp% press "ctrl" + "a" and delete all temp files. Then restart cpmuter and try installing the hp software again. Any problems let me know.
Posted on Sep 19, 2008
Download and install this Critical Update for your printer directly from HP.
There have been cases where if the PC is turned off or goes into hibernate this can occur. To work around this issue the "HP CUE DeviceDescovery Service" must be disabled:
1) Click on the "Start Menu" icon on the bottom left corner of the screen, type "services.msc" in the "Start Search" edit box, and hit enter. This will trigger Vista to pop-up a "User Account Control" dialog to prompt for permission to continue. Click "Continue" to allow Vista to open the Services management console application.
2) The Services management console application is made up of 2 panels. The right panel contains a list of all services available on the system. Scroll thru this list and look for a service called "HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service".
3) Right-click on "HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service" and select "Properties" to open the "HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service Properties" dialog.
4) From the "HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service Properties" dialog, click on the "General" tab. If the "Service status" shows that the service has started, click on the "Stop" button to force the service to stop.
5) Change the "Start type" to "Disabled" and click on the "OK" button on the bottom of the dialog to apply the changes.
1. Set the printer to a static IP address
2. Logon to the machine as the administrator or with admin rights.
3. Remove/Reinstall the printer using the IP address
Posted on Dec 14, 2008
It looks like HP put together an animation to help with replacing the ink cartridges. I know you are just trying to install them for the first time, but it might be helpful:
Also, since you are just setting up the new product, double check that you've removed all the packing material and tape from the cartridges. I've made that mistake before ;-)
Posted on Jan 14, 2009
SOURCE: hp solution center 70.0.128.000
welcome to vista some printer software does not work on vista if you are running the 64 bit copy i suguest that you format and burn the copy as most software will not work on it without all new drivers that you must buy from the vendor hope i helped
Posted on Jul 04, 2009
Follow thes below steps to scan to PC and save it without using HP software.
1. === Scanning with Paint: ===
1. Click the Start (Windows) icon.
2. Click All Programs.
3. Click Accessories.
4. Click Paint.
5. Click File and then click From Scanner or Camera.
6. Click Scan.
1.Click the Start (Windows) icon.
2. Click All Programs.
3. Click Windows Photo Gallery.
4. Click File and then click Import From Scanner or Camera.
5. Click Import.
6. Click Scan.
Posted on Oct 07, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 24, 2011 | HP Photosmart C3180 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 04, 2010 | HP Photosmart C3180 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 10, 2010 | HP Photosmart C3180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 03, 2010 | HP Photosmart C3180 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 04, 2009 | HP Photosmart C3180 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 17, 2009 | HP Photosmart C3180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 15, 2009 | HP Photosmart C3180 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 26, 2008 | HP Photosmart C3180 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 10, 2008 | HP Photosmart C3180 All-In-One InkJet...
109 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: