Hello and welcome to fixya.
First off, I would like to provide you a link
with the print server's manual to download it directly and have it as spare.
The printer you are trying to install is a laser printer (black/white only) and probably a bit old model.
Therefore, if you are trying to print from your computer over ethernet, and you have windows vista or 7 (64 or 32bit accordingly) you might have the inappropriate drivers for either the print server or the printer.
You can find all of the HP printer's drivers HERE
. Select carefully based on your OS.
As a SIDENOTE: If you just need the drivers installed and there are only larger setup execut. files available, you can use 7zip or winace to open up the *.exe file and navigate to the appropriate folder and extract only that one to your computer and install the driver(s) from there.
The D-Link DP-301U print server drivers are available HERE
. Default username and password for the management console of the print server can be found at pdf manual page 25. The url to access the administration console is dlink-******,where the asterisks stand for the last 6 digits of the print server MAC address.
Overall, not to make things over-complicated (150+ PDF user manual pages) you need to do the following:
1. Install the appropriate drivers of your hp printer on the computer that will have also print serv. softare installed.
2. Install the appropriate software/drivers of the dlink print server on the same computer.
3. Plugin the usb cable of your printer to the print server's USB port.
4. Plugin the ethernet cable of your print server port to the ethernet port of your home router/switch.
5. Setup Fixed IP settings for your print server configuration (page 20 on the manual).
Let me know how that went. I believe you will manage to do it that way quite easily.
**Don't Forget to vote how helpful this was.**
Regards from FixYa.com