Question about Kodak EASYSHARE 5500 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Printing quality on this printers is great, yet there are some trouble with older printheads.
You should follow this in order to fix the problem:
- Remove both ink cartridges
- Remove printhead (press release button on the inner left corner of the printhead, above where the black ink cartridge goes)
- Close the cover and wait until it tells you that the printhead is missing. When it does, open the cover again and place the printhead inside (put it in and press towards the back of the printer, make sure it makes a loud snap).
- place both ink cartridges in
If the printer says "press start to copy", press the menu button and select calibrate printer, and then select "print calibration sheet".
If it just tells you that there is a new printhead detected and calibration is requiered, follow the instructions it will give you.
Once you calibrate the printer,
- Press menu, scroll down to "clean printhead" and select "deep clean"
Once that is completed, go ahead and print.
If it is still not working, you got a defective printhead and you need to replace it.
You will need to go to kodak.com/go/itg for additionl troubleshooting and the replacing of your printhead, or you should just call 1 800 421 6699 and have then replace the printhead for you. This is free of charge.
Posted on Dec 20, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 18, 2015 | Canon IP4850 Inkjet Photo Printer
Jul 01, 2011 | Epson LX-300+ II Matrix Printer
Dec 21, 2009 | HP OfficeJet Pro L7580 InkJet Printer
Dec 19, 2009 | Brother MFC 210C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Sep 23, 2009 | Zebra TLP 2844-Z Thermal Label Printer
Apr 02, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP130 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 30, 2009 | HP Officejet 7210 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 08, 2008 | HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 07, 2008 | Kodak EASYSHARE 5500 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 29, 2014 | Kodak EASYSHARE 5500 All-In-One InkJet...
92 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: