Question about Canon i80 InkJet Printer
My canon i80 has a error code of 5100
Someone has ever asked this problem and I have post a solution for this. Here is my answer:
Service error 5100 indicates that carriage return (CR) operation is not performed successfully. After the printer turned on, printer initialize some operation include CR operation. This error happens when carriage part (carriage unit) has problem when move right and left in initialization process.
This may be caused by:
* Faulty carriage part so thatit cannot read film encoder properly. As a result, carriagepart move on uncontrolled.
* Dirty film timing **** strip (Horizontal film encoder;available only ini series and above) so carriage part cannot read film encoder properly.
* Another material (such as broken paper, etc) present in carriage path, blocking carriage part from moving.
To fix this problem you may try the following tips:
* Check if any material present in carriage path; remove (clear) it
* Check if film encoder is dirty; wipe slightly with moistened clothe.
* At last, if carriage part is faulty you need to replace it.
Hope this will be helpful for you. Best regards,
Inkjet Printer Forum
Posted on Dec 25, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 05, 2016 | Canon PIXMA MX340 Wireless Office...
Dec 23, 2011 | Canon i80 InkJet Printer
May 15, 2011 | Canon i80 InkJet Printer
Dec 24, 2008 | Canon i80 InkJet Printer
Nov 27, 2008 | Canon i80 InkJet Printer
Feb 17, 2008 | Canon i80 InkJet Printer
743 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: