My handycam screen is blank and doesn't show anything
Follow this procedure to troubleshoot if there is no picture or a black screen appears in the viewfinder or LCD when attempting to record.
* Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the viewfinder or LCD status after completing each step.
* It may be necessary to refer to the operating instructions provided with the camcorder for information on how to perform a task on your specific model.
1. Ensure the lens cap on the front of the camcorder has been removed.
2. Ensure a fully-charged battery is inserted in the camcorder.
3. Ensure the STANDBY/LOCK switch is set to the STANDBY position.
4. Turn on the camcorder and set it to the CAMERA mode.
5. Look to see if an image can be seen in the viewfinder or LCD.
IMPORTANT: Some camcorders have both a viewfinder and LCD. To conserve power, the viewfinder and LCD will not display at the same time. To use the viewfinder, the LCD must be closed.
6. If the issue is not resolved, reset the camcorder to factory specifications.
NOTE: If the issue is still unresolved after completing the troubleshooting steps, service may be required .
Dec 23, 2010 |
Sony Handycam DCR-HC40E Mini DV Digital...