I have just had the same problem and I have just charged my battery, taken out the tape, switched the camera off and when switched back on and re-entered the tape everything is working. Hope this helps.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I have the same camera and just had a warner F02 code on my screen and the red light flashed twice. I have just taken out my tape and switched off then switched back on and all the functions are working. Hope this helps.
1. Take out the tape - AND TURN THE CAMERA ON.
2. press the menu button (near the viewfinder) 3. Use he wheel on top next to the viewfinderto scroll through the choices 4. Choose "display setup" by pushing the wheel in 5. Choose "C. Rest" by pushing the wheel in 6. Turn camera off 7. Next time you turn camera on you should be able to view tapes and record. IT DID NOT WORK THE FISRT TIME SO I PUT MY FINGER IN TO TRY TO GENTLY PUSH BUTTON WHEN I TOOK THE TAPE OFF AND THEN TRIED SOLUTION ABOVE AGAIN, AND THIS TIME, IT WORKED. BUT PLEASE DONT INSERT YOUR FINGERS IN AS I DID TRY THE SOLUTION 2 OR THREE TIME IT SHOULD BE OK, HOPE THIS WORKS FOR YOU, THANKS
CREDIT TO LABBER
F02 error code means tape slack. If you have a separate deck try winding the tape all the way to the end and then rewind it back to get the tension up. Or if you are able to do it in the camcorder then do it this way.
Seen loads of these problems.
Some get fixed by simply using panasonic tapes, some require cleaning with some alcohol, including the head(cleaning tapes clean only head, not the rest of the mechanism), some by tapping, some by smacking, some take out the battery and put it back, and some are stuck with it ;[
Try finding out what the error code is and post back.
To get the error code, you need to hold down the fade/stop button and the record button for 3 secs, the error code should be displayed in the viewfinder, in the top right hand corner.