I think I have somehow managed to alter the settings on my camera .
Memory stick is full & images can be seen on PC & also when I set to photo mode it says " Memory Full " so camera is recognising there are images on the stick , but when I try to view pictures on the camera ( I need to do this to delete them ) camera says " No files in Folder " . This is the same on 2 memory sticks .
How do I view my photos ?
Can you help please
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Look for the file manager app,open that and click on "all files" then look in both your on board memory and your memory card if you have one for a folder called "DCIM". In that folder you should see "camera" and "thumbnails". Check both. If your photos have not been somehow deleted all together that's where they'll be
Common error, can be caused by altering images or editing in the computer, then saving the images back to the memory stick, the camera cannot read the edited images or sort out changes that may have been made to the file allocation table on the stick. Download all the images to the computer, back the images up to a disc, flash drive or another hard drive. Then re-format the memory stick in the camera before using it again. The image "workflow" fr digital photography intends for the camera to PC path to be a one way street.
Even if the Memory Stick Duo is inserted in the Camera, the images will not be saved in the Memory Stick Duo until the capacity of the Internal Memory is full. To save the images in the Internal Memory to the Memory Stick Duo, select the EXPORT option from the Viewing Menu of the Camera. Touch the MENU icon when viewing images to select the IMPORT option.
There are two option in the Viewing Menu of the Camera (Export and Import). Export option is to save from Internal Memory to Memory Stick and Import is for saving from Memory Stick to the Internal Memory.
This Camera is having 4GB of Internal Memory, hence the images captured will get saved in the Internal Memory first and then to Memory Stick once the Internal Memory is full.
1) Make sure that you're not using more than 4 GB memory stick pro duo with the camera. Then try to remove the memory stick and capture 2 images in the internal memory and turn OFF and turn ON the Camera and check. If the error message comes, its the issue with the Camera itself and requires service after resetting. to reset the Camera, select Initialize under Main Settings 1 menu under Settings. if the issue persists, the camera may require service
If its working fine, transfer all the images to the Computer and format the memory stick. Formatting will delete all the contents. If the issue persists, memory stick should be replaced.
You cant delete the folders as the camera makes them to store photos , when you just connect the memory stick without the camera into a card reader you can delete the photos .However the 2 folders are there because 1 is used to store the internal memory pictures and the memory stick or you might have created another folder by changing the path of storage
Recording Still images To The Memory Stick
M.REC mode (Memory RECORD mode)
1. Set the mode switch to MEMORY CARD.
2. Set the power switch to CAMERA.
3. Press the PHOTO button.
The still image is recorded to the Memory Card.
To View photos on the Memory Card
M.PLAY mode (Memory PLAYBACK mode)
1. Set the mode switch to MEMORY CARD.
2. Set the power switch to PLAYER.
The last recorded image appears. If there are no recorded images on the Memory Card, NO STORED PHOTO! or NO STORED MPEG4! will display on the screen.
3. Using the (FWD) and (REV) buttons, search for the desired still image.
* To view the next image : press the (FWD) button.
* To view the previous image : press the (REV) button.
* Pressing (FWD) when you are on the last image will take you to the first image and pressing (REV) when you are on the first image will take you to the last image.
* Keep pressing (FWD) or (REV) to search for an image quickly.