I have a problem with my printer set up, i am using epson fx1170 and i am printing with the size of 15x12 inches, how do i can customize my paper size in MS Excel 2003, the default size in excel is LETTER, LEGAL, A3, A4, A5, B5 (JIS), US Std FOLD, FANFOLD 8.5X12in., how can i customize my paper size with the size of 15x12?
Re: do i can customize my paper size in MS Excel 2003
When you are in Excel, go to Print Preview, then Printer Properties. There should be a box that says "Custom Size." There you can input your paper size and name it so you can recall it anytime you want.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
in excel sheet please change the page size to A3 and try to print ..... if you are using office 2007 go to page layout then go to size icon there change the page size to A3 and check .......... if you are facing the same problem please post your comment ............. while you giving print please select the document which one you want to print ..........
have you created same paper size as per windows 98 custom paper size ..... if not create as same please create the same and select the printing area also in the server properties ...... in the printing preference change page size to your created page size in layout tab advance option and in paper/quality tab advance option ... and check it ....
your solution works fine with me, but the problem is i can't able to save the settings on the printer. so everytime i need to print on that given custom sized paper type, i need to manualy select it from advance tab on printer properties before i have a good print-out..
On the machines control panel set to sheet fed (pressing the left button will change from Sheet, roll and roll with cut). In the print settings select your paper profile. On the page setup choose sheet. In the pull down menu you should only have basic paper sizes, no custom size. choose 20x30 and try again.
There are two different ways to create a custom page size within the Epson printer driver on Windows 2000 or XP. The method you need to use will vary depending on what type of driver is installed.
CREATING A CUSTOM PAPER SIZE IN SERVER PROPERTIES This method will create a new page size accessible by all printer drivers installed in Windows.
1. Open the PRINTERS (2000) or PRINTERS and FAXES (XP) window. 2. Click on FILE, then select SERVER PROPERTIES. 3. On the FORMS tab, place a check beside CREATE A NEW FORM. 4. Input a new name for the paper size. Enter the desired height and width, following the existing format (#.##in). 5. Click SAVE or SAVE FORM to add the new form size to the list, then close SERVER PROPERTIES. 6. Right click on the printer name and left click PRINTING PREFERENCES. 7. Look for PAPER SIZE. (Depending on the driver in use, this will be found on the MAIN tab, the PAPER tab, or under the ADVANCED button). Select your custom paper size from the list. 8. Click APPLY to save this setting, or OK in Windows XP.
NOTE: If your new custom size is not available on the list of preset paper sizes, it indicates that the new size is either too large or too small for the driver in use.
CREATING A CUSTOM PAPER SIZE WITHIN THE EPSON DRIVER This method will create a custom size within the Epson printer driver only.
1. Open the PRINTERS (2000) or PRINTERS AND FAXES (XP) window. 2. Right click your Epson printer name and left click PRINTING PREFERENCES. 3. On the MAIN or PAPER tab, select USER DEFINED from the PAPER SIZE drop down box. 4. Enter the new custom size and give it a name. Click SAVE to save the new size and OK to return to MAIN. 5. Click APPLY to save the changes (OK in Windows XP).
OK after messing about with the drivers I got it to work. I downloaded a driver from Epson singapore and it made no difference. So, I re used the driver from Epson UK and hey presto the thing works again. Why? Good question. Maybe the people in Epson have no idea either.
So, I suggest deleting the driver rebooting the system and reinstalling it. I hope you get it working.
In WIN98 with WordPerfect9 we had set up dot matrix printer Epson LQ1050 on which to print 8.5" wide by 5.5" long (half page) multipart invoices.
In XP apparently MSFT changed this and there is no custom paper size in windows printers. Instead one must use the program's (Word Perfect) page setup where the page size can be entered. Problem is the Epson drivers have not been rewritten to incorporate this change.
The optional paper sizes are builtin to the printer drivers. Some folks with the same situation as you have had success using the Forms menu in MS Fax to set different paper sizes. Third party programs such as FinePrint (www.fineprint.com) can also help with this.
I hope you work it out ;]