Question about Computers & Internet
The following worked perfectly in restoring the CD-ROM drive:
The following steps were posted by skidzy on the pcadvisor.co.uk forum:
Follow these directions for clearing the Upper/Lower Filters: (might want to print this out)
1. Click on Start --> Run --> and type in 'regedit' followed by the enter key ( if Vista Start search or windows+R )
2. Expand the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" key (looks like a folder) by double clicking it (or
3. clicking the "+" next to it.)
4. Expand the "SYSTEM" Key
5. Expand the "CurrentControlSet" Key
6. Expand the "Control" Key
7. Expand the "Class" Key
8. Please look for a key containing the following string of letter and numbers:
9. High light this key by left clicking once on it
10. On the right hand side you are looking for "UpperFilters" and "LowerFilters" under the "Name" column, once you find these please delete them by right clicking on them and choosing "delete"
11. Please exit the registry by clicking on the "X" in the top right hand corner of the screen
Reboot your computer.
If in any doubt editing the registry,please create a System Restore point first and also backup your registry.
Posted on Dec 18, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
on Oct 13, 2011 | HP Computers & Internet
Mar 03, 2013 | Acer Computers & Internet
May 21, 2012 | Acer Aspire M3641 Dual Core E2200 PC...
Jan 13, 2011 | Compaq Presario 5000 PC Desktop
Sep 18, 2009 | Acer Aspire L100 PC Desktop
Apr 30, 2009 | Acer Power 1000 PC Desktop
Nov 16, 2008 | Acer Computers & Internet
Mar 05, 2008 | Sony VAIO PCV-RX462DS PC Desktop
92 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!