Question about Computers & Internet
The following worked perfectly in restoring the CD-ROM drive:
The following steps were posted by skidzy on the pcadvisor.co.uk forum:
Follow these directions for clearing the Upper/Lower Filters: (might want to print this out)
1. Click on Start --> Run --> and type in 'regedit' followed by the enter key ( if Vista Start search or windows+R )
2. Expand the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" key (looks like a folder) by double clicking it (or
3. clicking the "+" next to it.)
4. Expand the "SYSTEM" Key
5. Expand the "CurrentControlSet" Key
6. Expand the "Control" Key
7. Expand the "Class" Key
8. Please look for a key containing the following string of letter and numbers:
9. High light this key by left clicking once on it
10. On the right hand side you are looking for "UpperFilters" and "LowerFilters" under the "Name" column, once you find these please delete them by right clicking on them and choosing "delete"
11. Please exit the registry by clicking on the "X" in the top right hand corner of the screen
Reboot your computer.
If in any doubt editing the registry,please create a System Restore point first and also backup your registry.
Posted on Dec 18, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 12, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Aug 20, 2010 | Video Game Consoles & Games
May 31, 2010 | Dell Inspiron Notebook
May 30, 2010 | Polaroid TDX-01930B 19 in. LCD HDTV
Oct 30, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Jul 14, 2009 | Acer Aspire 3680 Laptop
Jun 18, 2009 | Apple MacBook 13"White /2.0Ghz Intel Core2...
Nov 24, 2008 | Sony PlayStation® 3 (60 GB) Console
Sep 22, 2008 | Acer Aspire 5100 Notebook
92 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!