Bought this one to put in our closet upstairs. We just had twins ,so it has been the best thing we ever did, to keep us from running up an ddown the stairs heating up bottles. Worked fine until a few minutes ago, I was heating up some babe cereal and when I came to get it, it was cold, and the power was not on. No lights nothing!!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The location of the circuit breaker will depend on the house, or building that you're in. Generally, they will be all together, often in a stairwell or a garage/basement wall that won't be obstructed. If the electrician followed code, the breakers should have labels on the inside of the breaker panel door, telling you which breaker or breakers service the kitchen. Often, if the microwave is an installed type, it'll have it's own 15 or 20 amp breaker.
There are several switches (usually 3) located and attached to the door latch area of the microwave. One is a safety interlock that keeps the Micro from running with the door open. At first one of the switches were sticking slightly giving you the attempted run. Then enough stuck to cause the safety to sense it. The safety usually will blow the internal fuse or house breaker. If you are going to get it fixed, best to replace all the door switches and then the fuse also. If by chance it still blows the fuse again you have other problems. At this point I think its just the door switches and fuse.
It is very dangerous, you're filling the room with radiation, may be best to just dump that one, unless you are a little bit competant with mechanical stuff, in which case it's probably the sensor on the door not registering that it is open,. might be a physical thing, i.e. moved a little. or maybe a electronic thing, requiring a new sensor itself.
I understand that your Frigidaire microwave continues to run, when you close the door and no time is set. I suggest resetting your appliance, by either unplugging it or shutting the power off at your home's circuit breaker, for 3-5 minutes. Restore power. You might need to set your clock before doing anything else. Put a cup of water inside your appliance and try to heat it up. If you are still noticing your microwave continuing to run, even after no time is set, I suggest contacting your local authorized technician. Hope this is helpful.
I don't mean to be coy, but if you bought it from a local company (Best Buy, Lowes, Home Depot), take it back (within the 30 day window) for a refund. I bought three microwaves (all poor quality) and returned them all!
I may be returning this Samsung if your review turns out to be true for my microwave.
well if you keep on running your microwave without any thing in it then yes! it burns out the magnatron
(thats the bit the heat come from) and when there burned out its a dust bin jod as there very pricy to by and its not a smart thing to do trying to fit a new one by yourself,, you stand a very good chance of just killing yourself first,,to test your microwave opn the door put inside a cup of cold water and turn on the microwave for 3 mins on full power, the water should be boiling by then,,,dont put anything in the hot water like milk or it could explode in your face! just tip it away
the magntron has shorted out , then it blew the fuse inside unless you realy LOVE this microwave you should not put money into it . if its the best thing ever ! , parts should cost around 100.00 + labor . ge microwaves go through magntrons all the time , just poorly made .good luck