I just got a new phone (LG KS360). I can access gmail through the internet browser on the phone, but can't seem to connect to it through the phone's email client, which should notify me when i get an email like it is a message.
Ok i know most of you guys want the gmail app to work but i haven't found an answer for that problem anywhere what you can do is use the ks360 email client i found the solution here:" http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Google%20Mobile/thread?tid=3fd9ae64160f91e0&hl=en
1. In your gmail account go to Settings >> Forwarding and POP/IMAP then check Enable POP for all mail. 2. Delete all email accounts from your phone, then go into email. This will prompt you to set up your mail. 3. Enter your gmail address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) and password, then continue 4. Enter your whole email address as your user name, continue 5. Select POP 6. Enter the following as the pop address: pop.gmail.com
You are done. Continue and your mail will start retrieving.
It's not a complete fix, but if you go to http://www.google.com/mobile/default/mail.html you will be able to download an application which allows you to use gmail on your phone, far more easily than via the browser or the message centre.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
2. In the gmail account go to Settings >> Forwarding and POP/IMAP then check Enable POP for all mail.
3. Delete any existing email accounts from the phone, then go into email.
This will prompt you to set up your mail.
4. Enter her gmail address (e.g. email@example.com) and password, then continue
5. Enter your whole email address as your user name, continue
6. Select POP
7. Enter the following as the pop address: pop.gmail.com
Signing in to your Gmail account gives you access to your
Gmail Web-based email functions as most email services do,
with the option for users to send and receive email messages, store contacts
and organize messages.
You can opt to store your Gmail login information when
signing in so that you do not need to re-enter it each time you access your
email.You can access your Gmail account on a computer or a mobile phone.
Open a Web browser window.
Click the address bar and enter "gmail.com." Press
the "Enter" key.
Enter your Gmail username and password in the indicated
Check the "Stay Signed In" box to save your
username and password for future logins.
Click "Sign In" and wait for your Gmail account to
load. Mobile Phone
Press the "Menu" key on your mobile phone and
click the "Browser" icon.
Click the Web address bar and enter "gmail.com."
Enter your Gmail username and password and click
I need some clarification about the connection which you are referring to Sync the details.
Are you trying through bluetooth or USB?
If through USB, please use the PC suit given by the manufacture(LG). It help you to connect with USB. For Sync you does not required internet connection but your outllok should be the default email client in windows and properly configured.
Gmail does not work on LG KS360 or KG290. Sorry. But hope doesn't stop there! Use Gmail through your phones browser or even better recieve them on the go with you phone's email client! Visit http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Google%20Mobile/thread?tid=3fd9ae64160f91e0&hl=en To learn how to configure gmail on your phone's email client.