Question about Maytag MMV4205 Microwave Oven

Open Question

GE Spacemaker JVM 131 Continuous Beep

I was boiling pasta on the stove below the microwave, and cooking a microwave vegetable packet in the microwave and the microwave began emitting a loud continuous beep, but continued to cook the vegetable packet. The only way to turn off the beep was to pull the plug. When doing so, the beep disipated. Sounded like potentially a capacitor problem.

When I plug it back in the beep starts again, full force.

Is the microwave dead?

Posted by on

  • nfrotton Jan 27, 2009

    I have the same problem. Error message F3 displayed and a beep that only pauses for a couple of seconds and then continues. Only way to stop it is to unplug it. Tried to reset it. Do I need to replace the touch pad? I have the JVM3670WF001 over the range microwave.

  • William Miller
    William Miller May 11, 2010

    Was there an error code on the display?

    Like F3 maybe?

    What is the full model number, such as JVM131001, JVM131G01, JVM131K04, etc.?


×

Ad

6 Suggested Answers

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad
jsrock516
  • 5911 Answers

SOURCE: MAYTAG mmv4205aab OVER THE RANGE MICROWAVE

It could easily be a bad line fuse and/or line filter. To access you will need to unplug the unit and remove the outside case. Inside the unit, where the A/C power cord comes in, there should be a small circuit card (part #237068) located somewhere with a fuse mounted on it. This is your input line filter board with line fuse. Replace the fuse, first and see if this fixes your problem. This is a 20amp appliance fuse that you can purchase at any hardware store. Make sure you place the cover back on the unit BEFORE you plug it in. It is not safe to have this area of the microwave exposed with power applied. High potentials in the 4,000 volt range are present! If the fuse does not correct your problem, the circuit card runs about $26.00. Good luck and hope this fixes your problem.

Posted on Aug 04, 2007

Ad
  • 96 Answers

SOURCE: ge spacemaker microwave jvm/1650

Mmmm it's so easy,
First disconect the power, take the cover off, moslitly there would be 5 screws and two tab's on the top.
inside on the right hand side the magnetron it's a sylver box measuring about 4 in x 4 in x 5 in. It will have a plasic cover moslitly that would have to be remove first then on the magnetron there is 4 crews and one connector.
It should fall downard after.
If you have a power supply after the secondary , that may also be your problem.

Regards

Bob

Posted on Jan 22, 2008

MicrowaveSvc
  • 9098 Answers

SOURCE: Maytag microwave OVER the stove

Generally, the most common causes of a failure to heat are:

- bad door switches or door switch mounts
- loose connection at the magnetron
- problem or loose connection on the control unit circuit board
- bad magnetron or other high voltage part (such as a shorted diode)

If you or a friend decide to look into it, we have critical safety information, info on door switch diagnosis and replacement, and
disassembly information at our site, and our link is at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk

Here are some links you or a friend can use for test help, but read their safety warnings first:

http://www.gallawa.com/microtech/diode.html
http://www.gallawa.com/microtech/mag_test.html
http://www.gallawa.com/microtech/xformer.html

You can usually find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your full model number here: http://tinyurl.com/gv383

We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Posted on Mar 02, 2008

MicrowaveSvc
  • 9098 Answers

SOURCE: microwave shuts down after cooking three or four minutes

Your magnetron is overheating and tripping the thermostat, which interrupts power until it cools.

Since it's less than one year old, it should be fully covered under warranty. I'd suggest contacting the manufacturer to get it fixed free.

You can find your nearest Maytag-authorized servicer here.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Posted on Nov 23, 2008

BNUTZBCRAZY
  • 130 Answers

SOURCE: We have an MMV5165AAB Microwave oven, installed

the unit inside the microwave that heats called the "magnetron" has gone bad or the circuits that power the magnetron have failed. if its under warranty still, send it back to the manufacturer. if not you can call some repair shops and see how much it would be to service it, but its most likely going to be cheaper to purchace a new microwave since they are relatively cheap these days. microwaves are throw away product now days, they dont make them to last anymore, i hope this helps and good luck to you

Posted on Jan 15, 2010

Testimonial: "Thank you...I think you're right on, and we'll look for a better product. I appreciate your input! KH"

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

May Spacemaker XL1800 stop heating food. Was working fine. Then just stop


Is this an over the stove type unit? I have had a few problems with my over the range spacesaver. I think the heat from cooking gets up into the microwave and damages it. The steam from me boiling things on the stove had mine quit heating and I purchased a new one. The parts to replace the faulty ones can be quite expensive over $150.00, so its better to purchase a new microwave.

Feb 24, 2013 | GE Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

How to replace door switch on advantium


Happened to my 2005 Advantium120 twice, both times after extended cooking/simmering on the cooktop (17" below). Solution was to leave unplugged for a good 48 hours (to dry out?) then plug in again and all is good. GE says to either raise the microwave 4" or stop boiling pasta on the stove, neither a good solution. Good luck!

Jan 28, 2013 | GE Advantium 120 Convection/Microwave Oven

1 Answer

JVM 1790sk01



Cook using microwaves or convection in this stylish microwave oven that allows your food to be flavorful beautifully browned and cooked quickly .now your microwive didn't work .you should take it to fix .
home light bulbs

May 03, 2012 | GE Profile Spacemaker Over-the-Range...

1 Answer

I have a GE spacemaker microwave oven model JVM 1440. A bulb blew and when I went to change both over the stove bulbs stay on all the time. What is the problem and what should I do.


there is some kind of circuit board damage. carefully check for burned foil paths on board; around where the relays are. if so, you may be able to "bridge" the broken foil paths with solder. just unscrew the bulbs in the meantime.

Aug 03, 2011 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

The over the stove cook light button is broken.


The screws of the lid are located at the back and bottom of the oven.

Sep 08, 2017 | GE Profile Spacemaker Over-the-Range...

1 Answer

Need to dissemble microwave oven door GE model JVM 1631 BB 002 to remove spider.


Remove the inner strip around the door called the choke. If there are no screws visable it just snaps in place and does break if you are not very careful. This will give you access to the screws holding the outer frame piece and handle on. keep in mind, any repairs done to the door will necessitate a RFe leakage inspection. Boil some water on the front burners and cook the little guy and leave the door alone.
Eric

Jun 24, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

GE Profile XL 1800 Microwave overheating?


ge spacemaker XL1800 (JVM 1870BF02) doesn't heat, lights, turntable works.

Mar 01, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Ge microwave spacemaker xl1800


F-3 means shorted touch panel pad. In order to attempt clearing the code yourself, please follow the steps below:

  1. Press CLEAR/OFF or CANCEL.
  2. Program control again.
  3. If the fault code appears again, disconnect power to the microwave for 30 seconds.
  4. Program the cooking function again.
  5. IF it comes back up you should change out the panel hope that helps, good luck

Dec 12, 2007 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Maytag MMV4205 Microwave Oven Logo

Related Topics:

307 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Maytag Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9098 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

Marvin
Marvin

Level 3 Expert

82322 Answers

Are you a Maytag Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...