Hi I have a Canon Pixma MP650 that does not load paper correctly. I more often than not get the message paper jam and to remove the paper and hit the ok button. I remove all paper and reload the paper and hit print. The paper then does not feed properly. It has a noisy feed mechanism when it feeds, but when it does not feed the paper there is also no noise of the feeder being engaged. thanks
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: Printer paper reloading
So the feeder woek sometimes, If you have a warranty, bring it back, if not , the printer might have something stuck in his mechanism or a bit of spread ink, open it and check for any weird thing, you can do some cleaning but the mechanism need some greassy spot so do not be too clean
then try a recommanded paper for the printer like 80g for example and no more than 30 new pages to begin.
You can test the printer when open, you just need to push a few switch or button to make it run also you will be able to see where the noise come from.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
A lot of times the printer has a small piece of paper jammed in it or has had a jam and will not recognize the new paper. Try this to see if it resolves your issue. http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-a-Paper-Jam
E2 = Reload the paper correctly and press [Black] or [Color] E3 = If paper has jammed in the machine, clear the jam, reload the paper in the machine correctly and then press [Black] or [Color].
E5 = The FINE Cartridge may not be installed properly, or the Cartridge may notbe the compatible with this machine. Install the appropriate FINE Cartridge. If lines are misaligned or the resulting output is not satisfactory, carry out the FINE Cartridge Alignment.
Error E3 : Check if the paper has jammed in the machine, reload the paper in the machine correctly and then press [Black] or [Color].
Paper Jams :
Cause : Paper jams in the paper output slot/ Auto Sheet Feeder.
Landscape Credit Card sized paper jams inside the machine.
Action : Remove the paper according to the following procedure.
1) Slowly pull the paper out, either from the Auto Sheet Feeder or from the paper output slot, whichever is easier.
* If the paper tears and a piece remains inside the machine, open the Scanning Unit and remove it. Be careful not to touch the components inside the machine at this time. After removing the paper, close the Scanning Unit, turn the machine OFF and turn it back ON.
* If you cannot pull the paper out, turn the machine OFF and turn it back ON. The paper will eject automatically.
2) Reload the paper into the machine and press [Black] or [Color].
* If you have turned OFF the machine in step , you will need to retry printing, because this operation cancels any print jobs in progress.
If you cannot remove the paper or the paper tears inside the machine, or if the paper jam error continues after removing the paper, contact a Canon service representative.
Important : You cannot load Credit Card sized paper in the landscape orientation.
Error : Cartridge Jammed
Cause : The print head holder cannot move. This is normally due to a paper jam.
Action : Clear the paper jam or whatever is obstructing the print head holder. Reload the paper in the machine correctly and press [OK].
If paper has jammed in the machine,clear the jam reload the paper in the machine correctly and then press black or color key.If you are not success so it is problem mechanical.Service it and solve your problem.