I hv properlyconnected the SF5100P printer/scanner/copier machine but not able to scan anything. the report says "device can't be set to the H/W mode you want.1 " wht does it mean? how can i solve this prob?? pl advise
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If windows complains that the OS is not supported, right click the installer, go to properties, and set it for windows XP compatibility mode. If you're still having problems, post a reply to this thread.
hello,i have a good solution to your problem, first go to bottom of printer and copy the model number, next go to the www.samsung.com/support/productsupport/download/index.aspx - or try this one
www.samsung.com/support/index.asp hope you have good results. Robert Alan
IF the fax is working (if not, the problem is in the machine...), try to remove the installed printer driver, and download a new driver and install it.
How to remove the driver:
(1) Close the SmarThru engine and SmarThru program that are running.
(To close them, place your mouse cursor on top of the icon located on the bottom-right corner of the desktop. Right-click the icon and choose Close.)
(2) Go to Start -> Program -> Samsung SmarThru -> Select 'Remove
SmarThru' (Windows 3.1 users: Go to Program Manager -> Samsung SmarThru -> Select 'Remove SmarThru')
(3) If you wish to remove the item, select it and click 'Next'.
(4) If you wish to select the back-up option, select the item, click 'Finish' and reboot your computer.