Question about HP Officejet 4315 All-in-One Printer
I need the HP solution center download for Windows XP
Following are instructions I received for removal and reinstall of solution center. If this is a new install, you can just skip the instructions and click on the link. This involves removing all printers from your system. If you have some you want to keep you need to be more selective about what you delete in steps B,C, and D.
The following steps will wipe printer and printer drivers from the computer:
A. Removing entries from Add/Remove programs.
B. Removing entries from Printers and Faxes folder.
C. Removing entries from Registry.
D. Removing folders from C:\Windows
A. Add/Remove Programs:
1. Click Start, Control Panel and double-click Add/Remove Programs.
2. If there is an entry relating to one of the printers, select it, then click Change/Remove.
3. Follow the dialog and "uninstall all" or "remove all" as appropriate.
Some "printer software" have programs that show up here and it will be a good idea to remove those before going any further.
B. Printers Folder:
1. Click Start, Control Panel and double-click Printers and Faxes.
2. Delete all the Printers available, by right-click and selecting "delete" option.
3. Click File menu and select Server Properties.
4. Select the Drivers tab.
5. For each entry, select the entry and click Remove.
C. Windows Registry:
Before modifying registry, take a backup of it.
1. Click Start and click on Run.
2. Type Regedit and from File menu, click on Export Registry.
3. Select "All" option for backing up every key of registry.
4. Give a destination file (say Regbackup) and save it on to the Desktop.
5. Now, click "+" beside HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM
6. Click "+" beside CurrentControlSet
7. Click "+" beside Control
8. Click "+" beside Print
9. Click "+" beside Environments
10. Click "+" beside Windows NT x86
11. Click "+" beside Drivers
12. Under this key, there will be the keys Version-2 and Version-3 (some may be absent, which is normal)
13. Click on each Version key to find contents in the right-window pane.
14. Delete all the sub-keys inside Version-2 and Version-3, but not these keys themselves.
15. From File menu, click exit.
D. Deleting Folders:
1. Click Start, Run and type "cmd" (without quotes).
2. Key-in the following commands:
net stop spooler
net start spooler
3. Type exit.
4. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to:
NOTE: %systemroot% is usually C:\Windows, but it might be "winnt" or something else; this is set when the OS is installed.
5. Inside w32x86, there will be folders with the names 2 and 3 (some may be absent, which is normal)
6. Delete all of the files and sub-folders in each of the 2 and 3 folders, but not the folders themselves.
7. Inside w32x86, there may be other folders with names starting with "hewlett_packard", "hp" or something else; delete these folders also.
8. Restart the print spooler (as in 2nd step, above)
9. Restart the computer.
At this point, the system should be pretty well back to the way it was before any printers were installed. The printing subsystem is then "clean" and ready for printers to be added using printer drivers. Install the all-in-one software, now.
Steps to download the software
Click on the link below to view the software download page.
1. Click the Download only button.
2. Click the save button.
3. select desktop in save as window.
4. click on save.
5. The software will be downloaded to desktop
6. Unplug the USB cable from the computer.
7. Double click on the downloaded file to start the installation.
8. Follow the on-screen instructions to begin the installation process.
(plug the USB cable when the installtion prompts for).
Posted on Dec 31, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 31, 2012 | HP Media Center M7000 Drivers Recovery...
Apr 15, 2017 | HP Scanjet 4570 Flatbed Scanner
Apr 11, 2011 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Oct 29, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jun 06, 2010 | HP Compaq nc6000 Notebook
Oct 14, 2009 | HP Media Center M370N (DM163A#ABA) PC...
Apr 15, 2009 | Fujitsu Siemens ESPRIMO P2500 PC Desktop
Jan 31, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition...
Jul 03, 2008 | Computers & Internet
632 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!