Please Help. My player will only play region 0 and copied DVD's. it will not play region 2 as it is supposed too. Sine I go it, i have always been able to play all regions and copies, now all of a sudden it will notplay region 2 and keeps coming up with unknown disk. I have tried to reset it from the instruction manual, and I have also tried the hack code 8,2,4,6,9. to try and make it multi region, and nothing works. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP all the DVD's i have bought my daughter for xmas are region 2. Please note I am living in England.
THANKS IN ADVANCE +Merry Xmas
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
this is because you used original disk`s from different areas. Try this: 1. Open tray and remove any disks in tray.
2. Close tray.
1. Switch Off Player and Unplug from mains wait 30 seconds (this clears RAM)
2. Reconnect to mains
3. Turn on player with remote.
4. Press ENTER on remote.
5. Press 8, 4, 2, 6, 9. Using keys on remote.
6. Press ENTER on remote. (The player will power off.)
7. Switch on power from remote.
8. Player is now Region Free.
To unlock the DVD code its defends upon what region you belongs or from were you bought the DVD unit. Just click this site to hack the region code ; http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks
To keep it simple, this means that DVD players and DVDs are labeled for operation on within a specific geographical region in the world. For example, the U.S. is in region 1. This means that all DVD players sold in the U.S. are made to region 1 specifications. As a result, region 1 players can only play region 1 discs. That's right, the DVDs themselves are encoded for a specific region. On the back of each DVD package, you will a find a region number (1 thru 6). The geographical regions are as follows: REGION 1 -- USA, Canada REGION 2 -- Japan, Europe, South Africa, Middle East, Greenland REGION 3 -- S.Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Parts of South East Asia REGION 4 -- Australia, New Zealand, Latin America (including Mexico) REGION 5 -- Eastern Europe, Russia, India, Africa REGION 6 -- China REGION 7 -- Reserved for Unspecified Special Use REGION 8 -- Reserved for Cruise Ships, Airlines, etc... REGION 0 or REGION ALL -- Discs are uncoded and can be played Worldwide, however, PAL discs must be played in a PAL-compatible unit and NTSC discs must be played in an NTSC-compatible unit.
The end result is that DVDs encoded for regions other than Region 1 cannot be played on a region 1 DVD player, also, players marketed for other regions cannot play region 1-stamped DVDs
1. Open tray and remove any disks in
2. Close tray.
3. Switch Off Player and Unplug from mains wait
30 seconds (this clears RAM)
4. Reconnect to mains
5. Turn on player with remote.
6. Press ENTER on remote.
7. Press 8, 4, 2, 6, 9. Using keys on remote. If
your player is already set to region 2
8. Press ENTER on remote. (The tray will open and
player will power off and close tray.)
9. Switch on power from remote.
For clarification, was this home theatre system purchased in North America? If so, in all odds it is a "Region 1" DVD player. To play a "Region 2" video, you will need either a 'multi region' player or one that is designated as a "Region 2"
TThe player does not play this type of dvd disk! only pre-recorded movies and CDs Try hooking Up a player that plays DVD+ and DVD- disks!Hope I was of help!
(please use The ratings to keep this site free!)
please try if this helps:
1. Remove disc from tray. 2. Switch off player and unplug from mains. 3. Wait 30 seconds, then reconnect mains. 4. Turn on player with remote. Wait for player to finish loading and display 'no disc'. 5. Press enter on remote. (There will be no on-screen response.) 6. Press 8, 4, 2, 6, 9 on the remote. (There will be no on-screen response.) 7. Press enter on the remote. Player will automatically shut off. 8. Turn player on. 9. turn off. 10. Turn player off then on again. 11. Player is now region-free.