Water still dispenses but ice maker not functioning I have replaced the filter checked every thing as per the manual Im sure water is not getting to the ice maker. The water in our village was disconected for about an hour last week and when the pressure returned the Ice maker did not spring back to life. Please help. Thanks
I have the same problem. The whole-house filter became clogged and once I replaced the filters, I get water from the refrig. but no ice. I cleared the air in the line.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.
Re: whirlpool ice maker
Sometimes the fill tube to the ice maker can freeze up. Remove the screws holding the ice maker, see if it will lower out of the way. Now the fill tube is visible, check to see if it's clear. If you have to unplug the power cord, there is a tab that has to be pushed down. If you find the fill tube is clogged, clearing it may just solve your problem.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Andrea, make sure you are getting water to your ice maker. Most common ice maker problems are caused by lack of water. There is a water valve( dual) that feeds your water dispenser and ice maker that could be the culprit. Even if you are getting water out the door the valve can still be bad( separate water lines)..
Second thing to check are your optics( It measures ice level in your bin. If they are defective it will trick your ice maker into thinking its full of ice and not produce anymore.) They are located on the freezer walls just below ice maker..
you've already done the first thing i suggest, and that is to change the water filter. But if you still cant get ice made, you have a problem with either your ice maker or your water valve, or an electrical issue in the ice maker system.
First, the water valve at the bottom rear of the refrigerator may have failed. You didn't mention if there is a water dispenser and whether or not this is still working. This valve pumps water to the icemaker and water dispenser when the control unit of the icemaker calls for water. Also, there could be a blockage in the line which brings the water to the icemaker.
The other possibility is that the part of the icemaker controls which calls for water from the valve has failed. If this has happened, it would likely be more cost effective to replace the icemaker unit.
You need to check and see if ice maker has any water init. if not check the fill tube that goes thru the back wall for stoppage while you have it out rin the maker thru a harvest mode and listen for the sounds of the solonoid opening. If tube is full you'll need to replace the slow leaking valve a common problem. for parts call 704-819-6557
refrigerator has a duel water valve, one for the ice-maker and one
for the water dispenser. The valve that
the ice-maker relies on may be bad, or it could be the ice-maker itself. Another thing that could cause it would be
the temperatures in the freezer. The ice-maker will not
call for water until it reaches under 15 degrees. In addition, check
the water tube behind the ice-maker to make sure it is not frozen, blocking
more water from entering. The water does not go to the ice-maker or
thru the filter unless the ice-maker turns on the water valve.
this is a hard one to diag in person, let alone via email. you know your not getting water to the ice maker, problem is finding out why, ther is (or should be) a tech sheet behind the kickplate of this unit with a little trouble shooter and diag procedure for the ice maker. folded little blue/and or brown paper.
1. is the water line leading from the valve to the ice maker fill clogged/frozen??? pulll the machine out and youll see the line leadding to the top corner of freezer, disconnect that line and try to blow though to the insde of freezer, should blow withno resistance. if so your good if not youll need to thaw that line
2. is the red light blinking on the inside of door. its a sensor for the ice maker if its faulty you wont get ice either.With the flapper on rt wall of freezer depressed the light should remain on solid, if continues to blink a pattern, 1 and 1 quick blinks, 1 and them 2 quick blinks, youll need to replce the electronics
3. is the water valve itself just not sending water to the ice maker. its a dual vavle 1/2 does water and the other half feeds the ice maker . generallly youll hear the valve being energized, just no water coming through
4. ice maker itself can be damaged and not calling for water at all.a pretty common issue with these electonic control ice makers is the center gear actually over torques itself and winds up snapping itself(at least the tabs that hold ino place snap anyway). gaining acess to the face of the ice maker will tell this.
while looking at the exposed from\nt of ice maker you should see the center gear adn the 2 tabs holding the gear on as well. ther shoud be a SMALL but definite space betwwen the 2 tabs in middle of center gear, as if it were pressed on and the tabs spread back open to hold onto the gear. if 1 of the tabs is cracked or the gear isnot mounted correctly because of the tabs, you best bet is to replace the ice maker assy