An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: my rca projector
When you bring up menu and go to set up if you do not see convergence in setup then you have a open Fuse FL231 next FBT on right side of Flyback Transfomer there is 3 in a roll they do not look like fuses but they are ,they look small brown caps.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Sounds like the classic convergence option symptom. If you press menu and scroll to the set up screen see if the auto convergence feature is still listed. If its no longer there the rca repair kit called ITC222 and ITC222A convergence option missing repair kit from www.tvrepairworld.com will usually repair that problem. The kit contains the parts and the CD with repair instructions.
NOTE: ----DO NOT TOUCH THE CONVERGENCE BOARD " -------
1. Bring Up 1 Projector Light
2. Bring Your Color Convergence + Sign and Should Be Center In Your TV
3. If Not Adjust Center with The 2 Tabs Just Above That Projector Tube You Have Lighted 1 Tab Will Move + Sign Horizontal Then Roll The Other Vertical Then Roll..U Will See--"
4. Once Your + Sign Is Center Turn Up Your 2 Other Projectors Make Sure They Are Able To Adjust Across The + Sign You used 1st Make Sure the 2 Other + Signs Move Left And Right And Up And Below The Vertical and Horizontal Lines. If Not Adjust There Tab to Make This Possible.
5. Using Your REMOTE Converge The + Signs Together.
---------------- IF YOU MESSED WITH THE CONVERGENCE BOARD -------------------
6. Now Lower The 2 Lights So Your 1st Projector Is Lighted
7. Bring Up A Menue On Your TV -- Look At It ...Are The Lettering Center and Square ..??
8. If They are Lower That Projector and Light Your Projectors 1 At A Time To Verify Letters are Center and Square.
---------------If You Have To Adjust The Menue To Bring Center And Square --------
9.Looking At The Convergence Board You Will See 3 Rows Of Adjustment Dials Each Row Is For 1 Projector.
---TAKE NOTE TURN THE ADJUSTMENT Slowly---
10. Locate The Row that will adjust The Projector You Have LITGHTED"....
11. Label On A Paper What Each Knob Will Do To The Screen Very Help-Full
12.Adjust Your Letters Dead Center and Square then Lower That Projector Light And Bring Each Projector Lighted At 1 Time To Verify Menue Is Center And Square.
13.Leave On Your 3rd Projector and Bring Up Your Light On The 1st Projector
14. Adjust the Letters Of Your 1st Projector Over The Letter Of Your 3rd Projector
15. Switch To Your Convergence + Sign To Help --Turn Knobs Slowly ---
16. Make Your Letters Merge Together And Your Lines Square.
17. I Use The Top Letters and Lower Letters And Keep The box Square
18. Hey If Your Projector Colors When Looking Through The Rear Of The TV Are Not Equal With Take And loosen The Wing Nuts And Turn The Lens To Focus the Color and Make Narrow Or Wide....All 3 - Equal
DO NOT GET UPSET THIS WILL TAKE TIME MAYBE ALL DAY SO RELAX HAVE FUN"
Do Not go Sticking Your Hand Into The TV While TV Is Plugged into The Wall" ---
We need a better description of what you mean by shadowing. However I am assuming:
1. You mean it ''bleeds'' off to the right when you have something with a hard red/blue drive.
2. When you turn the contrast and color down a bit it gets better.
unfortunatly I cannot tell you how to fix convergence, but I can think of some other possibilities.
In this case the red/blue emmision of the crt is dying off and going into saturation when driven hard. To fix, replace with a new picture tube/crt. In some cases you can get a little more life out of that tube (with a watchable picture) by having the screen, focus, cathode bias, and drives slightly readjusted. It will take someone with experience in doing these adjustments on a weak tube to get it looking as good as possible.
Given the construction of the cathodes (guns) in that crt, only a very low level crt reactivate should be tried on it. The hard rejuv most crt testers give is highly likley to completely destroy the cathode on that crt.
I've posted this solution several times but here goes. Try setting up the convergence through the menu by accessing the convergence setup menu. If this fails to work you have a bad digital convergence box and need a tech to replace it. About $60 to $100 fix.