Question about Brother MFC 240C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 05, 2011 | Brother MFC 240C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 31, 2011 | Brother MFC 240C All-In-One InkJet Printer
These steps worked in MFC620CN/420CN/410CN/210C/240C and FAX2440C model.
To reset purge counter
1) Enter machine maintenance mode (on MFC240C all four photo/copy/fax/scan lights flash in maintenance mode). Care is needed in maintenance mode, otherwise critical settings may be inadvertently corrupted.
FAX models with numerical keypads: Press the Menu/Set, *, 2, 8, 6 and 4 keys within two seconds. (if you fail to complete the correct key sequence within two seconds, press the Stop key to try again).
Other (non-FAX) models: Press the Menu/Set and Black Start keys. Next press the "up arrow" key four times to enter the maintenance mode).
2) Press the 8 then 0 keys in the initial stage of the maintenance mode to call up the machine's log information list (function code 80).
3) Press the Black Start key several times to scroll through the log information list to reach the purge counter. The purge counter is the 25th item in the list.
4) Press the 2, 7, 8, and 3 keys in this order to reset the purge count to zero.
5) Press the Stop/Exit key to return to the initial stage of the maintenance mode.
6) Press the 9 key twice to return to the standby state.
enjoy & cheers
Dec 29, 2010 | Brother MFC 240C All-In-One InkJet Printer
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it and give a testimonial for my response. Happy Holidays!
Dec 19, 2010 | Brother Multi-Function Center MFC-240C...
Mar 03, 2010 | Brother Multi-Function Center MFC-240C...
Oct 16, 2009 | Brother Multi-Function Center MFC-240C...
Jul 15, 2009 | Brother MFC 420CN All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 29, 2008 | Brother MFC 240C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Oct 07, 2016 | Brother MFC 240C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Oct 02, 2016 | Brother MFC 240C All-In-One InkJet Printer
23 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!