An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: wont drain error 3
Check filter - try putting drain hose down at floor level and see if water runs out freely. if not, filter ius blocked. if water comes out freely, you may have a foreign object in drain pump. remove filterand see if you can see it. you will have water everywhere!!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1:IFB Washing Machine Not Turning ON OR Turns ON But Does not Starts.
2:IFB Washing Machine Door Does Not Opening. DE Error
3: Water is not coming inside the IFB Washing Machine Inlet problem
4:Water is Leaking from the washing machine, drum or hose pipe damaged
5:Wash is not happening / Spin not Happening in the IFB Washing Machine
6:Drum NOt rotating or Drum Making Huge Sound while spin cycle,
7:Water not Draining From the washing Machine
8:Burning smell, Tripping Problem, etc
Check the pump filter which could be blocked or something like a nail has jammed the pump impeller. this may cause a mess as the water needs to be drained to access the removable cover to gain access to the filter/impeller.
Also check the drain pipe is not blocked. this can also be used to drain the machine into a bucket manually.
If the display shows drum error you can try cleaning it by following the steps below:
1. Open the front cover.
2. Pull the drum (black) and toner (gray) towards you, put a little force on it.
3. Remove the toner by holding down the tab on the side of the drum, then pull the toner out.
4. Use a dry lint-free cloth to clean the roller inside the drum unit. Make sure to remove any excess toner from it.
5. Put the toner back to the drum, make sure that it clicks, Reinstall the drum and toner back to the machine,
6. Close the cover.
If the display still shows drum error, go ahead and do the drum reset.
1. Open the front cover
2. Press the Options button on the control panel
3. The display should show "Replace Drum - 1. Yes 2. No
4. Press 1 to reset the drum count
5. Close front cover. The display should show the date & time
If still it shows drum error, The drum unit needs to be replace. After replacing the drum unit, do the drum reset again,
Hope this helps.
My machine had the exactly same problem:
1. Push Start button to wash, but Draining/Unlocking light will flash right away. The drum started to run and stopped
2. No error code shown up
3. Run Quick test: no error code
4. Run Universal Test: error code F25 (later, found nothing wrong with the CCU)
What I did:
1. Clean the bump: found coins and strings.
2. Clean the drain pipe from the pump to tub: found more coins.
3. Clean chamber of pressure switch at the tub: found nothing.
4. Clean the gap between tub and drum: found a credit card!
After the cleanings, the Draining/Unlocking light would still come back and I almost gave up. Amazingly, I ignored it and a few minutes later.... the machine started to run as normal!
It seems that CCU needs sometime to reset itself after the failure.
If you have the manual follow the steps for trouble shooting.
It will tell you to remove the drum, remove toner, clean corona wire and reinstall. If that does not solve the issue it will recomend replacing the drum. You can check your drum life by going to menu- press machine info, choose option 3 drum life and press ok. This will show you the remaining percentage of your drum if the number shows less than 25% replace the unit.
If it shows more than 50% you can reset the drum counter allowing the machine to read it as a new unit.( Bare in mind this will change the usage meter back to 100%, you will have to keep an eye out for print defects or light pages as this will signal the end of the drum life) to reset page counter remove the drum from the machine, with the front door open press Clear/back until the lcd displays reset drum yes? no? press 1 for yes and reinstall drum. The machine will cycle until ready; if this still has not cleared the message you will need to contact brother for a manual reset or service.
If your machine is a FAV6800A to FAV9800A here is the Service Manual. If you lift the washer lid and rotate the wash basket CCW which is the Spin Cycle direction will it turn with very little resistance?It should not rotate CW. With no error codes I would go to Service Mode page 14 of the Service Manual and read the current recorded Daig codes and write them down then clear the list. Now start a Spin Only cycle with no clothes in the wash basket let it in that mode for about 5 minutes. Hit the off button to end the Spin Onlly cycle then check the Diag code block and see if an error event was logged if so please let us know. If there is no error code generation by the Control Board in the Diag code blocks I would suspect a Control Board issue with your no Spin issue.. Without a known good Control Board and Motor Controller to swap out and no error code generation by the Control Board this would be a hard problem to troubleshoot. The Control Board is under warranty for 5 yrs you could try Maytag Customer Service the number is in the SM and see if they will send you one even if the warranty is up…..Rich