In the past month, I've had three different base units completely stop working. Reset button doesn't do anything, replacing the battery seems to solve the problem, but only for about 24 hours, and then the base unit is completely dead again. HELP!!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Just unplug the base unit from AC wall power socket for a while, say for about 5 minutes or so, replugh the base unit to power socket again. Place each handset on it and synchronise it with the base unit. As you put it on, you will hear a beep sound. Now the ahndset ahs been synchronised with base unit. Do this for the other two handsets. OK.
It's not that the handsets have bad mics, the problem is in the base unit. That's what's sending audio into the phone line, and something has gone wrong there. Try unplugging the power from the base and give it a minute, then reconnect the power. This will allow the computer inside to reset and may straighten out the trouble. If it doesn't, you're probably best off replacing the system.
AT&T doesn't say anything on their site about service, just to call their Customer Support and Service Center at 1-800-222-3111 for more information. If your phone is out of warranty, it's probably easier and maybe less expensive to buy new.
- unplug base unit for 15 seconds - press "PROGRAM" button on handset - from menu, select "HANDSET SETUP" - from menu, select "REGISTRATION" - handset display will prompt you to press and hold PAGE button on base unit for 5 seconds, then press "PROGRAM" button on handset
Perform steps for each handset. You may need to plug base unit and unplug for each handset.
1. Open battery compartments of all remotes and the base unit. 2. The following steps must be completed within a small time window of a minute or two. 3. Remove and replace one battery from the base (reset button on base may also work) 4. Remove and replace one battery on first remote. 5. You have 10 seconds to set the channel number, suggest you set channel 2 first if you have 2 remotes. Once you stop setting the channel on the remote, 10 seconds later remote 2 should sync with the base. 6. Remove and replace one battery on second remote. 7. You have 10 seconds to set the channel number, if you have only two remotes do nothing and it should synchronize 10 seconds after you replaced the battery as remote number 1. 8. If the base unit can receive the time signal from Colorado USA, it should eventually get the time and date correct, give it time. Alternatively you can set the time and date manually. However, if the base is trying to get the time signal, most of the controls freeze up, to unfreeze them press and hold the + button for something like 5 to 10 seconds, then the unit should be available for manual setup.
If you loose connection to one remote or change batteries, repeat all of the above.
My phone does the same thing and has done it periodically since I've owned it. The buttons on the base unit stopped working a few months after I purchased it, at the moment I have what sounds like the same problem as you, the display stays backlit and the highlight switches from one menu item to another while beeping.
This doesn't, however, prevent the phone from working fine.
The only thing I've found that *may* fix it is to swap the power adaptor for the base unit with one of the adaptors hooked up to the handsets.
I don't want to give up my phone yet because I can't find anything anything similar from any manufacturer, with two lines and the ability to pair our cell phones with the base unit so I'm in the market for a replacement base unit and I may send mine to Texas.
Try the command code switch. I recently had a similar problem when my remote suddenly stopped working. It worked fine one time but nothing the next time I tried it.
I checked the emitter with a digital camera and found it was not working. I did the remote reset (remove batteries and push all the buttons twice, reinsert batteries) and the emitter was now working. However, the remote would still not control the base unit. I did the remote base code reset (push power, volume and TV/DVD buttons together) but this did not help. I then checked the command code switch. This is a small three position slide switch located in the battery compartment on the remote. I slid the switch back and forth several times returning to the default number one setting where it was before. I did not change anything on the base unit but the remote now worked.
If "No link to base. Move closer to base, try again" is displayed, even when using the handset near the base unit, the handset may have lost communication with the base unit. You need to re-register the handset to the base unit..
HAVE BOTH THE HANDSET AND THE BASE UNIT NEARBY DURING REGISTRATION.
FOLLOW STEPS 1 AND 2 LISTED BELOW. YOU HAVE ABOUT 1 MINUTE TO COMPLETE THEM.
Press and hold [HANDSET LOCATOR] until the CHARGE indicator flashes.
Press and hold [FLASH/CALL WAIT] until "Handset Registering" is displayed.
-When registration is complete, a beep sounds from the handset.
-Wait for 20 seconds after registration is complete while the handset establishes communication with the base unit.
If... the handset beeps three times and "ERROR!" is displayed, an error occurred. Try again from step 1.
You can stop registration by pressing [OFF] on the handset, and pressing [HANDSET LOCATOR] on the base unit.
DeRegister the handset and then reregister it to the base
1 ) press Reg. Register shall be highlighted. 2 ) press Page key on the base unit until the two indications turn off. If registration is successful,the signal icon displays steadily. If registration failed,repeat the above procedure.