Hi, only had my sons Laepster 2 for a week N when you try to use the touchscreen with the pen to choose your name , nothing happens......I would appreciate any ideas her as like I said , only had it a week and bought 3 games to go with it and they dont come cheap???????
Hpoe this helps, had the same problem with my son's leapster2, took it back got a replacement and the same thing happened within 5 minutes of turning it on!! Finally found this advice on the net.
If your Leapster2 does not respond to the stylus pen, it needs to be calibrated. Calibrating the Leapster2 is easy:
1) Ensure that a cartridge is not inserted
2) Hold down the Hint button while turning the unit on
3) When the LEAPSTER menu screen appears, press the A button
4) Touch each of the crosshairs that appear with the stylus
5) Restart unit
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
To adjust the touchscreen sensitivity, perform the following:
1. Power the copier OFF.
2. Access the Key Operator Mode (Power the copier ON, while pressing the [HELP] key).
3. Touch [10. Control panel adjustment] on the touchscreen to display the control panel adjustment screen. Note: If the touchscreen is so far out of adjustment that there is no response when touching [10. Control panel adjustment], the control panel adjustment can be accessed (at this point) by touching any numeric key on the 10-key pad.
4. Touch the + at the upper right corner of the touchscreen lightly with a touch pen (something with a round tip which is made of resin is recommended as a touch pen). Check the coordinates displayed in the top line at the top of the touchscreen.
5. Ensure the X coordinate and the Y coordinate displayed in the message area fall within the standard values. The acceptable values are on the second line.
6. If the values are not within the acceptable parameters, repeat Step 4 until the values are acceptable.
7. Touch the + at the lower left corner of the touchscreen lightly with a touch pen (something with a round tip which is made of resin is recommended as a touch pen). Repeat the process used for the upper right coordinate until acceptable values are achieved.
8. As verification of a correct adjustment, touch the [CHECK] icon at the upper left and lower right corners. You should hear a beep tone for each one. If a beep tone is not heard, repeat the adjustment.
9. Power the copier OFF/ON to exit the Key Operator Mode.
It sounds like the TouchScreen needs to be calibrated.
1. Hold down the Hint button while turning the Leapster on.
2. When the Leapster menu screen appears, press the A button.
3. Touch each of the crosshairs that appear with the stylus.
4. Restart the Leapster.
Switch off the console and switch it back on again holding the ? button down. This takes you into a menu, choose the touch calibration, it will take you into a black screen with a cross in one of the corners, touch this with your pen and then touch all the others as they appear, all corners and the center. Once this has been done it will take you back to the menu screen again. Switch the console off and on again and it should work. :)
Hi, have you tried to recalibrate the screen as in your instructions? Make sure you have no game inserted Press and hold down the 'on' button and 'hint' button (with questionmark on it) at same time until a menu appears on screen Press A Now touch all the little crosses with your pen that appear on the screen switch leapster off and restart if still not working, repeat above
I'm not familiar with your laptop but judging from all the pdas I've had with touch screens the pen itself is only a pen, you could basicly use a wooden stick to poke at the screen and it shouldn't make a difference to the computer.
this laptop has a touchscreen If I'm not mistaken and you should be able to use it even with your fingers.
You might have a faulty touchscreen or then you need to install a driver for the screen?
I just bought the "new" leapster 2 and it loads but it doesn't do anything when touching the screen with the pen.... It asked me to choose my coutry which i did .. took 10 mins then it picked the wrong country.. now i am stuck at putting in my son's name.. again won't do anything..
Why doesn;t my Leapster2 respond to the stylus pen?
If your Leapster2 does not respond to the stylus pen, it needs to be calibrated. Calibrating the Leapster2 is easy: 1) Ensure that a cartridge is not inserted2) Hold down the Hint button while turning the unit on3) When the LEAPSTER menu screen appears, press the A button4) Touch each of the crosshairs that appear with the stylus5) Restart unit